We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More help with one day in Napa

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
More help with one day in Napa

I took your advice, Russ and called Petit Logis, although the person I spoke with had lots of info, they left it up to me to set the itinerary and make the reservations (at both restaurants & wineries) Here is what I am thinking... Travel up 29 to Calistoga, stopping at a winery on the way (a suggestion for a good white wine tasting would be welcome) then taking in a couples mud bath in Calistoga (again a suggestion here would be welcome) then lunch at Wappo's then drive back down the Silverado trail and stop at Poetry (sparkling wines) and then back to Yountville and dinner at the Wine Garden. Any opinions will be most welcome.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,528 posts
5,276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More help with one day in Napa

I would stop at Grgich Hills

http://www.grgich.com/index.html

They have very good Chardonnays and whenever we stop there, we are amazed at how friendly, insightful, and nice the people there are. Its a small winery and quite worth the stop.

Then continue up the road to Calistoga and enjoy the couples mud bath at Lavender Hills Spa or Calistoga Golden Haven. You might also want to see if Lavender Its one of those interesting type experiences....

Lavender Hills is a different type of mud experience from the other...They do a blend of Calistoga indigenous volcanic ash, white sea kelp, therapeutic mineral salts and lavender essential oil. Not the traditional "thick mud" this sophisticated treatment revitalizes the body and removes impurities while promoting healing and relaxation.

As such, I am mentioning both as possibilities...

Then lunch at Wappos. Stop at Poetry for wine tasting.

In regards to the bed and breakfast - most excellent ones will make your dinner reservations for you. Also, most already have a recommended winery list for their customers. (We have stayed at a couple and plan to go back to Candlelight Inn Bed and Breakfast first week-end of December - the b&b's there have a special Christmas event that weekend. I found that they were helpful with their information and their web site recommended some delightful itineraries on their site. Based on that information I booked the varietal tasting at Jarvis....and cave tour.) THe bed and breakfast should have been able to give you an itinerary but did want to mention this site in case you wanted other ideas...or suggestions.

There are several good ideas on the following web site:

http://www.candlelightinn.com/activities.htm

Have fun in Napa.

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More help with one day in Napa

Our upcoming honeymoon plans include a couples mud bath at the Golden Haven - they offer internet specials and seem to be one of the few, if not the only, place where a "couples" theme is offered.

Have fun on your trip!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More help with one day in Napa

jawood-

Mini is right. Your innkeepers should be making reservations and providing you with a suggested itinerary, to keep you away from the tourist traps and gnarly traffic (that's part of why folks stay at Napa B&Bs!).

Thanks for posting your experiences, though. I must admit, I'm a bit in shock.

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn

PS My recommendations would be: Try Cosentino for whites (next to Mustard's Grille in Yountville), Golden Haven for the couple's mud bath (the only spa I know of that has couples mud baths-- all others are girls on one side, boys on the other). Consider Mustard's or Bistro Jeanty for dinner.