We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique, fun, active things to do in Napa Valley for a group...

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Unique, fun, active things to do in Napa Valley for a group...

I am getting married in Saint Helena in July 2006. I want to bring my 5 bridesmaids out for a day of fun in the area. I don't want to do the regular wine tasting, massage day. I am interested in really unique fun activities in the area. I would love to do a grape stomping or go somewhere where we could make our own wine. I would appreciate some suggestions and recommendations!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique, fun, active things to do in Napa Valley for a group...

djr-

Where you are staying is the key. The concierge at your hotel/spa/B&B will be happy to tell you about some *amazing* one-of-a-kind experiences that you can do with your lady friends.

Several wineries have intensive tours that incorporate blending your own wine (you won't be able to stomp grapes in July-- they don't get ripe until October).

Each concierge has a special relationship with different wineries-- so you need to talk to the one where you are staying. The winemakers, chefs, and winery owners I know do special favors for us to make our guests' stays extra special-- and the concierge where you are staying will be able to do the same cool stuff---but when it comes to the really, really special stuff, each concierge has access to different things.

Hoping this helps-- enjoy your stay in this lovely place!

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn