We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attire for Napa Trip

Egg Harbor Twp, NJ
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Topic
Attire for Napa Trip

My wife and I will be in Napa 11/3 - 11/8. We have reservations at:

Martini House

Terra

Bistro Don Giovanni

Since we are just now starting to pack, what type of clothes should we bring? What is the attire at the restaurants above, and at the various winery tours/tastings. We tend to dress more on the casual side -jeans, khakis, and wanted to know if this would we ok. We are trying to pack light - to save more room to bring home wine!

Mentioned in this post
Bistro Don Giovanni
Bistro Don Giovanni
1,694 Reviews
Napa, CA
Napa Inside Guides
Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Dynamic Napa Wine Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
PF Wine Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Allure Limo Napa Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attire for Napa Trip

carjeff-

Napa/Sonoma is a very laid back place--there are almost no places with a dress code, and most everyone is very relaxed and happy. I go everywhere in shorts and a golf shirt (even during the winter months).

The only places with any kind of dress code are Terra, Domaine Chandon, and the French Laundry. The Wine Train "requests" dressy attire (but few pay attention to their request!).

I think you will feel very much at home here!

-Russ & Sharon

Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

PS You *will* see folks dressed to the nines at both restaurants and wineries. These are the visitors that didn't know how casual the wine country is!