We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa Scenic Pictures-3 Best Locations Request?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
127 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Napa Scenic Pictures-3 Best Locations Request?

Where in the estimation of some of the seasoned veterans of the Napa region would you say are the best areas to get unbelievable pictures.

I always scout out spots...I realize all of Napa is majestic, but if you had to pick 3 areas this time of the year...what would you say?

Thanks!

MTP

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,177 posts
5,167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa Scenic Pictures-3 Best Locations Request?

This is a hard one as there are so many fantastic places to take pictures in Napa ....so most have not narrowed it down to their 3 best places. Also, it depends in part if you are into taking vineyard pictures, hill pictures, winery pictures (both inside and outside), and just general valley pictures. In addition, there are some great bed and breakfasts in Napa to take pictures of.....

We were just up in the Napa/Sonoma area this past week; this time of year you can also get some wonderful mustard pictures. The mustard yellow color in the fields is beautiful. In fact, they have a photo contest as part of the festival.

mustardfestival.com/photography_contest.html

Restaurants and restaurant interior and food pictures are also popular.

A couple of places you might want to search out are:

1) Castello di Amarosa - Good Castle Pictures

http://www.castellodiamorosa.com/

2) Beringer Winery - the Rhine House

…flickr.com/164/346315902_9da2edbdbc.jpg

3) Bale Grist Mill State Park

www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/GristMill.htm

4) Sterling Vineyard

Views of Valley

and so many more.....there are hundreds and hundreds....

so tomorrow I would probably come up with a totally different list.

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa Scenic Pictures-3 Best Locations Request?

One of my favorite spots is coming down Pritchard Hill from Chappellet Winery - you see Lake Hennessey in the background.

Also, as Mini mentioned, right now the valley is full of mustard blooms. You can just drive up Silverado Trail - there will be lots of spots where you might want to pull over and take pictures.

Take a vineyard tour at Quintessa and get a picture of Dragon's Lake.

Have fun!

Edited: 13 February 2010, 06:47
Chicago
Level Contributor
156 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napa Scenic Pictures-3 Best Locations Request?

How long will the mustard blooms be out? Just hoping they'll be around when we arrive in mid-March. Thanks in advance

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napa Scenic Pictures-3 Best Locations Request?

I don't mean to sound evasive, but you will find wonderful images everywhere in the Napa Valley. All you have to do is be there. Here are some examples of what I've found just by looking: flickr.com/photos/…

For natural beauty and phenomenal views, nothing compares to what you'll see from the summit of Mount St. Helena, but it’s a very arduous hike and would take most, if not all of a long day. However, you'll also be able to get some incredible images walking along the Palisades Trail. The Palisades are the striking rock formations above Napa Valley as you look east. You can choose to walk only a couple of miles or longer and will have some great views over the valley.

A few of my favorite photographic sites that are easily gotten to: Chateau Montelena (stone castle, Asian gardens and lake), Auberge du Soleil (views and sculpture garden), the CIA (stone buildings, interior details, gardens). Some of the most striking scenes--including brilliant fields of mustard--will be found as you drive Silverado Trail between Calistoga and Napa, or any of the crossroads between Silverado and Hwy. 29. I have a good feeling that the mustard will last well into March since it appears that we have more rainy days coming.

5. Re: Napa Scenic Pictures-3 Best Locations Request?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 07:18