We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just wanted to say Hi!

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Just wanted to say Hi!

My husband and I are really excited to be visiting Napa for TWO WHOLE WEEKS in June!!

I just wanted to say hello, really, as I expect I'll be spending quite a bit of time in this forum in readiness.

This will be our first visit - it is something we have wanted to do for simply ages, especially as we both love wine. We'll be staying at the River Terrace Inn.

Very Excited Batties :o)

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,179 posts
5,167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

Hi!

Glad to see that you are looking forward to your vacation in Napa. June is a great time to visit - warm days; nice evenings and days are long (i.e. sun sets late.). Napa Old World Inn is a wealth of information on the Napa Forum and also has a set of Faqs that are well worth looking into.

There are many wineries in Napa. Its good to book any tours in advance as well as line up dinner reservations in advance (for any "must go to" type restaurants.

Have a great time planning for the trip - its a wonderful experience.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

To TheBatties:

Welcome to the Napa forums!

If you love to research/plan, we'd suggest you get the book "A Moveable Thirst":

amazon.com/Moveable-Thirst-Tastes-Season-Cou…

Disclaimer: We have no financial interest in this book, but have met the authors (we had them over to the Inn for a book signing a few years ago, b/c we liked the book so much). Nice guys. :)

Do read the "Top Questions/FAQs" if you get a chance-- there is a *ton* of great info there.

Also, Napa is a pretty special place. Your innkeepers are your best source of trip planning info. Napa innkeepers and concierges are world famous for this-- and this service is FREE (included in the price of your stay). So gadzooks, don't be bashful-- call your innkeepers and have them give you their input. They'll also be happy to make reservations at wineries, restaurants-- you name it. Just ask. :)

Two weeks is a fantastic time for touring the wine country. So much to see and do here! We know you'll have a great time.

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

Errrr.

Are you sure you want to spend the entire two weeks in the Napa Valley?

I mean, there are other fantastic places around and the valley is only 29 miles long, you know.

San Francisco is about an hour away and there is a great redwood forest within an easy day trip.

And then, there is also the historic town of Sonoma and the Sonoma Valley with more wineries to visit.

With apologies to my Napa friends, I would get tired of the valley if I stayed there for two whole weeks.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

To Mini and Napa Old World Inn

Thank you both for your hello’s and welcomes. Yes, I’ve looked at the FAQs in your sticky, NOWI, and they have indeed been very helpful.

It is great to hear that June is such a wonderful time to visit Napa :o) I shouldn’t need to be too worried about packing clothes for all weathers, then!

We really are enjoying our planning, as much as we know we’ll enjoy it when we get there. I do need to finalise our itinerary so that we can make appropriate reservations for tours and dinners in good time.

Thanks also to Puter. I can see that two weeks would be a long time to just stay in Napa, so do agree with you. We will be having a rental car for the entire holiday so we do plan to visit Sonoma (town and valley) as well. And yes, we want to visit San Francisco and the coast a bit further south.

Yesterday I really enjoyed looking at all of MountPleasant’s pictures. I was drooling, in fact! tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g32766-i258-k343… His pictures have truly inspired me to see some of that coastline for myself.

A real life friend has also advised me that we “must” visit Santa Cruz, so that will also be on our list. Maybe you will spot us – I’m very big and my husband is very small, we look a bit daft together but who cares!!! :o)

Thanks again for your kind and helpful responses.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

Napa Old World Inn - I hope you don't mind, but having read your name so many times now whilst going through so many of these threads, I have felt compelled to Google your Inn. It looks superb! What a fabulous Inn you have!

Would it be too cheeky of us to ask if we could come and have breakfast one morning? I want - must have - some of that gorgeous looking Caramel French Toast! (or perhaps you only serve guests?)

I do hope this post hasn't embarrassed you or been inappropriate...

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

Do come visit Santa Cruz as part of your Napa sojourn. I intend to write a Travel Article on things to do and see in Santa Cruz in the next few days, so you might watch for it.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

Oh yes, Puter - I'll look out for your report. Cheers!

Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

Sounds like a great time is in your future! We just returned from two days in the wine country, we stayed in Yountville at Bardessono, wow what a place! We had lovely weather and sampled some excellent wines and amazing food. I hope you have a great trip! :)

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

Welcome soon to Napa Valley! There should be a lot happening in June

Tues-Locals Night at the Oxbow Market

Wed - Locals Night at the Mill

Thurs- Chef's Market Napa

Friday - Live music Downtown Napa Vets Park

Saturday - Outdoor movies at the Vets Park

cheers!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just wanted to say Hi!

With a stay that long, I'd suggest you also work your way up to the Healdsburg area, north of the town of Sonoma. It's a charming little town, and gateway to three different wine-growing valleys. We found smaller, more low-key and personalized winery experiences in the Healdsburg area - adding a different experience than most of the Napa wineries we visited. (We loved BOTH areas, and are returning for a week this summer ourselves, divided between the two!)