We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

lake bluff, Il
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

We are arriving October 27th in the late afternoon for 4 nights. Spending two nights at Carneros Inn but we still need to book last two nights elsewhere. We would love suggestions on an itinerary with suggested wineries and restaurants or activities. We are laid back and don't like restaurants that are too fancy/high cousine. We have to leave on 10/31 in the am to head back to San Jose airport.

Appreciate any advice.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

It would be helpful to know if you have a preference of towns, what types of wine you like and what your prior plans for wineries and activities include...don't want to try to re-invent the wheel....:)

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

Can you just add 2 more nights at Carneros? San Jose is kind of far, and if you stay in Calistoga or Healdsburg, you're adding another hour to your drive in the morning for your flight home.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

At this very late date, I would put myself in the hands of the very capable concierge staff at the Carneros Inn. They'll be able to guide you with regard to wineries, restaurants, etc. There are many, many great ideas, suggestions and trip reports--but if you're starting from scratch doing any research, you may not have time enough for this. Concierge! Not sure why you need/want to change lodging for such a brief stay. If you're still determined to make a change, try Solage in Calistoga (www.solagecalistoga.com). You may have some difficulties finding lodging for the weekend dates--many places book up well in advance and you're down-to-the-wire.

California
Level Contributor
177 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

If you'd like to stay somewhere else, I'd suggest driving on into Sonoma County and staying at Honor Mansion in Healdsburg. It's a very nice B & B.

One of my favorite places to eat in Napa is Bistro Don Giovannis. I prefer eating on the covered patio by the fireplace. It's cozy and quieter. This is a locals favorite. Reasonable compared to many Napa restaurants.

My favorite tour is at Benziger Winery in Glen Ellen. The Glen Ellen Inn is another great place to enjoy lunch or dinner.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

slplb-

We agree w/the other posters: Stay in the same spot-- it is MUCH more convenient/less hassle that moving every 2 days!

Our only caution would be this: Lots of folks choose to stay "in town"-- whether that town be Napa, Calistoga, Yountville, or St Helena. Reason for this: After a long, hard (wink) day of wine tasting, there is nothing better than parking the car, freshening up (perhaps a quick power nap), and then strolling into town for dinner.

Just puts a great end to the whole day.

You can do this at the Carneros Inn, provided you like dining at Boonfly Cafe and Farm (their onsite restaurants). Both are great places, but you have sooooo many more options if you stay "in town" somewhere.

It all depends on what is most important to you . . . :)

Whichever way you decide to stay (out in the country, or "in town"), please do consider staying there for 4 days. We guarantee you it will be MUCH more relaxing for you! :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Edited: 18 October 2010, 06:04
6. Re: Help us with itinerary Napa/Sonoma 20th anniversay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:16