We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa Card

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Napa Card

Travel Zoo is having a less than half price sale on something called The Napa Card/Napa Savings Card.

Has anyone used this or heard anything about it good or bad?

Thank you!

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa Card

I was looking for the same thing. I'm going to try to call the places where I am staying to try to get their insight. Have you heard anything?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa Card

It's $25 for the card and it gets you tastings at about 12 different locations in Downtown Napa. We did it... but I would NOT do it again.

The problem is most have limited times during the day (mostly for a few hours early evening) when you could use the card and the wine you're given is basically the "bottom of the barrel" option that they have. There were a couple that included a full 5 tastings and those were nice - and better wines - but the many are just 1 tasting of their worst wine. Not to mention that after a day at the wineries, right at the time we wanted to relax in the room and get ready for dinner, we felt we had to rush out to do these tastings since we already paid for it. And by that time we were "wined out" and didn't even enjoy ourselves.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napa Card

Bren--are we talking about the same card here? The one we are looking at through travelzoo is $45 on sale (regularly $100) and the wineries don't appear to have time restrications. Some free tastings are restricted to Sunday through Thursday but none list particular hours. I'm curious about this. too. We planned to taste at three of these wineries anyway so we thought it might be a good deal.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napa Card

Did you read the post in TripAdvisor's Top Questions called "Free Wine Tasting"?

bit.ly/TripAdvisorNapaFAQs

It gives lots of tips on how to get coupons and other ways to get your tastings comp'd.

(biggest tip: Call your hotel/B&B/Inn where you are staying, and ask them if they have coupons/tasting passes-- some have lots of different places)

Cheers,

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

PS It sounds like Bren is talking about the Napa Downtown Tasting card, which is $25. Not sure what the TravelZoo card is. Link? Info?

Edited: 24 September 2011, 14:53
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napa Card

Yes, it's the Napa Downtown Tasting Card that I'm talking about. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure about the one you're talking about. I think the biggest thing with pre-buying something is it locks you in to something before you get there. Once you get there, plans tend to change or adjust. But if you have already paid for something, you are already locked in and can't make the adjustments. That was probably my biggest issue with the card that we got.

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Napa Card

VegasBaby- Does the one you're talking about sounds like the GrapeBomb, maybe?

http://www.grapebomb.com

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Napa Card

travelzoo.com/entertainment/…

This is the travelzoo page re: The Napa Card. It is through Grape Bomb. Didn't see the Grape Bomb logo when I originally posted the question.

Anyone every buy this?

8. Re: Napa Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 19:18