We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Medway...
1 post
Save Topic
25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

My wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with our first trip to Napa during the first full week in November. Would appreciate suggestions on accommodations and must-see experiences to make it a truly memorable time.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

There are many great dining options in Napa Valley in addition to the touted (and almost-impossible te get into) French Laundry. Also in Yountville are several of our favorites: Bistro Jeanty (the tomato soup with puff pastry top and raspberry mousse in a chocolate bag are "musts"), Bouchon, Hurley's and the restaurant at Domaine Chandon winery.

Midway in the valley, Rutherford Grill next to Beaulieu Vineyards is an excellent stop for lunch or dinner. My "must" dish there is the cornbread in a skillet. In Calistoga, All Seasons Cafe is great for all meals, but especially breakfast or brunch.

Enjoy your 25th. We love Napa Valley -- spent part of our honeymoon there more than 41 years ago, and we return as often as we can. Next visit is next summer for our 42nd!

Edited: 14 October 2012, 22:06
Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

We like the Harvest Inn in St. Helena as a place to stay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

I also agree the Harvest Inn is GREAT!!! We spent our 30th wedding anniversary there. Visit Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen was excellent. I surprised my husband and we did a mud bath at Golden Haven Spa, the reason we did it there was we were my ourselves and did not have to share a space.

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

What is your budget for lodging? Bardessono in Yountville is lovely. In Calistoga, Solage is a beautiuful property. Indian Springs Resort, also in Calistoga is another one to consider.

Have fun on your trip! :)

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

Here's a great website for wineries: www.napavintners.com/wineries. It will give you all the info you could possibly want about the wineries, whether it be scenic, great wine tastings, caves, etc.

Another helpful site is www.napavalley.org, which will give you all sorts of info on hotels/motels, B&B's, restaurants, etc. Our favorite lodging, by the way, is Wine Country Inn in St Helena (www.winecountryinn.com), near Duckhorn Vineyards.

Have fun, and Happy Anniversary!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,315 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

seekingfun-12

It would help if you were a little more specific with your questions. You are in the city of Napa forum and so far you haven't received much information about our town. If you are planning a trip to the Napa Valley, there are several towns to choose from that all have excellent lodging choices. What town(s) were you thinking of and what is your desired budget range?

7. Re: 25th anniversary - suggestions for a great week in Napa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 10:17