We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SanFran/Napa, where else?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
SanFran/Napa, where else?

Hello,

I am planning on spending a week in the beginning of July split between San Fran and Napa. Is there anywhere else I should keep in mind? I am looking for anything scenic, fun, etc. I am just curious before I start booking places to stay. It would be a 1-2 day getaway outside of the two I already plan on spending time in.

San Jose
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SanFran/Napa, where else?

Hi- There are some excellent wineries and great places in Sonoma County as well- right next to Napa. Sonoma wineries are not as touristy. If you are inclined- you can drive to Bodega bay. If you are in SF- it will be an hour and a half north of that and if you are in Napa- somewhere about the same westwards. Also- just north of SF in MArin county there are two little towns called Sausalito and Tiburon. Very quaint and beautiful. You probably already have them in your itinerary. I live in the South Bay so I am a big fan of Monterey/ Carmel- but that is if you are inclined to drive almost 3 hours south.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SanFran/Napa, where else?

Hello,

Actually, I am kind of looking to drive a bit, I am in NYC, so being in a car will actually be a great change :) Can you recommend anything in particular in to do or see in Monterey/Carmel. What do out of towners typically do? I would really appreciate any feedback or ideas. It will be my first time in this part of Cali so I would like to see and do as much as I can!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,407 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SanFran/Napa, where else?

If you are talking about one night, then the Marin or Sonoma Coast would be ideal. With two nights, you could look at Monterey or Mendocino. The drive north from San Francisco along Hwy 1 to Mendocino is very beautiful and if it's foggy, you can always take the inland route through the Anderson Valley along Hwy 128. The Anderson Valley has it's own wine country and also has some nice redwood parks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SanFran/Napa, where else?

Pretty close by is Point Reyes and 3 very good oyster farms with picnic tables. Might be an option!

5. Re: SanFran/Napa, where else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 06:17