We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery tour and lunch/dinner in Dec?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
217 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Winery tour and lunch/dinner in Dec?

We are planning to enjoy a good wine and lunch at Napa Valley on route from Lake Tahoe to San Francisco and would like to know if activities such as above are still available in mid Dec? I read about the "Be My Guest" and am very interested but it seems to be a private arrangement with Trafalgar only? Kindly advise, thank you!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery tour and lunch/dinner in Dec?

Sorry if you would like us to comment about a specific option, you may want to post the link to that. If this a tour, why take that tour when there are plenty of local tour companies and one does not need to go through a ticket broker like trafalgar

You have the choice to eat at any of Napa valley's fine restaurants -- use www.opentable.com to book one in advance and you can go visit a winery and take a tour -- Check out Robert Mondavi and book a tour in advance -- they are quite comprehensive.

Also please pay attention to our alcohol limit for drinking and driving and it is best to have a designated driver especially if you are driving to Tahoe. It may be best to spend a night in the valley and then do to Tahoe

SInce you are going to Lake tahoe you may just want to do a tour and lunch and leave for Tahoe. Are you folks prepared to drive to Tahoe and carry and use snow chains if needed or have you booked a 4x4 that is ok to be used in the Tahoe area should there be snow. Will it snow ? No idea

Edited: 07 May 2013, 15:16
Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery tour and lunch/dinner in Dec?

Robert Mondavi Winery has a tour that includes lunch. I don't know if they offer it in December and I think it's available only a couple of days a week. It's also pretty expensive. Check their website:

www.robertmondaviwinery.com/

Also, if your time is limited, maybe the wine train would work for you:

http://winetrain.com/

3. Re: Winery tour and lunch/dinner in Dec?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:17