We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brewery in the Cakebread area?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
brewery in the Cakebread area?

I was hoping to find a recommended brewery located near Cakebread or on the way from there to downtown Napa. Any opinions?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
21,945 posts
5,139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brewery in the Cakebread area?

How about downtown Napa

Downtown Joes Brewery and Restaurnat

http://downtownjoes.com/

Its by the Napa River - popular casual place to go...

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: brewery in the Cakebread area?

hi deanna_b - mini's correct, Napa Valley is famous for wine, not beer. Sonoma County has a growing brew pub scene, if your travels take you over there, you may find more of what you're looking for. Basically, the only thing between Cakebread and Napa is wineries and vineyards.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brewery in the Cakebread area?

thanks guys. just making sure to get something on the plan for hubs. NancilnNapa, do you recommend one in Sonoma?

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: brewery in the Cakebread area?

There are so many, I'm sure other locals can recommend specifics since I'm not a beer person ... these are some of the ones I know of in Sonoma County: Murphy's Pub and HopMonk in the town of Sonoma, Dempsey's and Lagunitas Beer Pub In Petaluma, Russian River Brewing and Heritage Public House in Santa Rosa, Bear Republic Brewing Co. in Healdsburg.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: brewery in the Cakebread area?

Napa's most acclaimed beer is Napa Smith. They have a tasting room at the intersection of Hwy 12 and 29 near the Napa Airport.

http://www.napasmithbrewery.com/

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: brewery in the Cakebread area?

Thanks Supercilious, I have that one noted. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing one that was further north.

Edited: 18 June 2013, 17:37
7. Re: brewery in the Cakebread area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:18