We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where was Ghost Block wine?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where was Ghost Block wine?

Hi forum!

I am heading back to the Bay area and last year my bf and I went to Napa and then some wineries along the way...maybe Yountville? Maybe before I don't recall. I do know that I found Ghost Block and it was our absolute favorite! Kicking myself for not writing down the winery that we had it at. I would like to pick up a bottle or two on this trip to bring home and surprise him with my find :) Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mahalo!

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

Ghost Block

7830-40 Saint Helena Highway

Oakville CA 94558

707-944-1710

www.ghostblockwine.com/

Edited: 01 September 2013, 05:29
Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

NaciInNapa you are wonderful! I do recall running across their website about a year ago and forgot about it!!! For some reason I don't recall the winery being called Ghost Block Just it was one of the wines. I will definitely be stopping there in a few weeks and hopefully it is the same place! Is there any affordable lodging in the area that you know of?

Thanks again and thanks for the fast response!

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

You might have tasted Ghost Block at the Napa Wine Company in Oakville (across Oakville Xroad from Oakville Grocery), also known as 'Cult Wine Central' ... and possibly why you don't remember visiting the winery itself. Great find!

www.cultwinecentral.com

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

Oh I will stop there too, Iw ill definitely let you know which place it was I found them at. I bought a tealite candle holder they made out of the barrel wood. Form what I recall it was a rather random little place that we just stopped at as it wasn't busy. We loved it and the wine! Thanks for the heads up on Cult Wine Central as well. Will let you know at the end of the month which one is was.

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

If you want to see the vineyard the wine comes from , go to the Yountville Cemetery and look north :)

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

Thanks Segway/Napa! I just may do that...I have has a weird unconscious connection with cemeteries throughout my life. I usually find myself surrounded by them or next to one when least expected and in the least expected places, so wouldn't be odd for my family to hear I was in a cemetery and I saw the vineyard :) Luckily for me they don't spook me.

I can't wait to get my paws on some more Ghost Block!!!!

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

NanciInNapa I found it and napa wine co is the place!!! Thank you for the address I would never have found it without asking as I was thinking it was on the corner the market is on. Mission accomplished, bringing back a bottle of ghost block and a bottle of hoopes :) thanks again for the assist!!!

Laura

8. Re: Where was Ghost Block wine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 06:20