We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to do Napa without going broke.

Mission, Kansas
1 post
Save Topic
How to do Napa without going broke.

I'm heading to Napa with a group of my girl friends at the end of July and I would like to start planning where to go. The thing I have to be conscience of is that everyone has a slightly different budget. Are there any suggestions on places to stay and/or great wineries that won't break the bank?

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

You don't need to go broke to visit Napa Valley! Start here with 'Napa on a Budget' resources:

napatouristguide.com/napa-on-a-budget.html

Give us an idea of your lodging budget & preferences so we can make relevant suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
Boston...
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

Nanci,

Thank you! What a great resource! I'm coming there fairly soon, and I just grabbed about a dozen coupons. There were even two coupons for my most-wanted vineyards. Happy.

I hope that I can just present the coupon when we arrive. No need to mention I have a coupon if I call to make a reservation, I am guessing?

Edited: 07 June 2014, 00:38
St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

"No need to mention I have a coupon if I call to make a reservation, I am guessing?"

No, you don't need to mention when reserving. When you arrive in the tasting room, that's when you should let your server know you have a coupon. Coupons have become very common; the wineries are happy that you're there, coupon or full-price. Bookmark that coupons page on your smart phone, in case you misplace or forget a paper coupon, bring up the coupon on your phone and show it to the server.

Another way to save money is to share a tasting, also very common.

Have fun!

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

You can also eat out without going broke. The best deal is to get a picnic from Fatted Calf, Valleras, Yountville Deli, etc. and picnic at one of the wineries.

Mentioned in this post
Yountville
Yountville
Napa Valley, CA
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

This looks good, is there a Sonoma publication that offers similar coupons?

Mentioned in this post
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
Clemson, SC
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

Check below for Sonoma coupons

www.sonomatouristguide.com/coupons.html

Mentioned in this post
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
California
Level Contributor
184 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

Napa can be expensive that is for sure.

Another way to save money is to share a tasting. It's common and the wine tasting host will not bat an eye.

Most wineries will waive the tasting fee if you buy a bottle. Once you arrive in the area, your motel will probably offer wine tasting coupons. Local travel booklets usually have wine tasting coupons. There's also coupons on this site: http://www.cheers2wine.com.

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,485 posts
6,170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

If you include Sonoma, there are some free tastings at Jacuzzi and Cline, both worthy places to visit.

http://www.jacuzziwines.com/

http://clinecellars.com/

Also planning for picnic lunches at wineries - get a bottle of wine, enjoy lunch is a great way to enjoy Napa.

V. Sattui is a popular one for tourists with its on site deli and purchase a bottle of wine to enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
9. Re: How to do Napa without going broke.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:15