We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Train

Surrey, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Wine Train

I am hoping to stay in Napa for one night at the end of August to go on the wine train with my boyfriend. Can anyone suggest a hotel that is near the wine train? My budget is around $300.

Thank you.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 10:39
St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Train

The two closest hotels to the wine train are: River Terrace Inn and the Westin Verasa. Call ASAP.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,655 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Train

i do hope that the wine train is not the highlight of your napa valley trip. It is a nice train and a cool few hours and they have optional winery stops but it is not the best way to explore, see and taste the wonderful wineries and restaurants in Napa and beyond. I hope you can bike or take a tour or drive a car to see the valley.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 15:37
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Train

We have stayed at the River Terrace Inn, and it is quite nice. We also happen to like the Wine Train. We have done lunch and dinner, and really like the Vista Dome car. The full moon trips are great, but I think the end of August will be a new moon, so no luck there. That said, we get up to Napa frequently and have seen it in all seasons, weather, and on bicycle. The train isn't really the best way to experience the area in the day time, but Napa isn't known for night life, and the Wine Train really does put on a great meal.

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Train

If the Westin and River Terrace are booked- the downtown hotels and B&B's are within walking distance.

Napa
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Train

Andaz is pretty walkable as well.... 15 minutes. Nice place to stay.

6. Re: Wine Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Napa