We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great romantic outdoor restaurants

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
great romantic outdoor restaurants

I'm looking for some nice restaurants in the Napa area for a memorable first anniversary dinner. My husband and I will be visiting the weekend prior to July 4th and would prefer something in the mid-price range (ie. under $30 for an entree) with a nice outdoor section. Thanks!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

3 very nice outdoor dining possibilities: Angele (www.angelerestaurant.com) in Napa with its view overlooking the Napa River, Brix (www.brix.com/restaurant/home.htm) in Yountville is set next to vineyards and the patio looks out over the restaurant's very pretty gardens, and Auberge du Soleil (www.aubergedusoleil.com/html/restaurant.shtml) above the Silverado Trail near Rutherford has unrivaled panoramic views from their terrace over the Napa Valley--but they ARE expensive esp. if you order a multi-course fixed price dinner, while Angele and Brix have a nice selection of entrees under $30 (altho' some are over that price as well). If you can splurge, make reserv's (not too late so you can see the view) for dinner at Auberge. It's a very special place to go for an anniversary!

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Yountville
Yountville
Napa Valley, CA
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
Level Contributor
37,581 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford is very nice as Forestvillain mentioned, the views from the outdoor terrace are very pretty with sweeping views of the vineyards.

We also enjoy the outdoor patio at Domaine Chandon in Yountville. Happy Anniversary to you and enjoy your time in the wine country. :)

Mentioned in this post
Domaine Chandon
Domaine Chandon
823 Reviews
Yountville, CA
Yountville
Yountville
Napa Valley, CA
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

Thank you for the help!!! About how much would Auberge cost for lunch?

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

Last time we were there we got the 4 course lunch meal and house wine (which is excellent) and our bill was a bit over $100 including tip. However, I was really full and the wine and cheese at the B&B that evening was all I wanted for dinner.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

Re: Auberge--you can also order a la carte, so you don't necessarily have to do a more expensive multi-course fixed price meal. You will still have an outstanding lunch even if you eat relatively lightly, and what can really jump up the bill is the wine. We tend to order just a glass each (but that can still amount to $15+ per glass). Regardless of what you order, I think you'll love the food, service, ambience and the views!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

kellianne17-

If you're looking for something memorable, why not have a privately catered lunch in the middle of a vineyard? Just you and your sweetie, and a few thousand grape vines.

Very romantic.

During July, the weather should be perfect for this.

Check with your innkeepers (where you are staying) about booking this. There are several wonderful options. :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
California
Level Contributor
324 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

For romance, you can't beat the Oak Knoll Inn B&B. It's right in the middle of a vineyard, on a cross road between Hwy 29 and Silverado Trail. I haven't stayed there in years but pass it all the time and it always reminds me of our stays there...

Martini House has a lovely and romantic patio, but no view. The magnolia trees lit up with twinkling lights... lovely. Auberge is dramatic for scenery, but it is also a scene. Just know you will be one of a thousand tourists. Lunch or dinner during the week on a clear day can be spectacular there, but if it's a weekend or gray weather (which we get a LOT of in July), I'd go elsewhere. Just MHO.

8. Re: great romantic outdoor restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 07:20