We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon help

Which Nevada City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
291 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon help

Hi guys,

We are planning our first trip to America this year and we are staying in Vegas for 5 or 6 nights as part of it. We want to go to the Grand Canyon on one of those days. What is the difference between the south rim and the west rim?? Is the indian Skywalk the main place for tourists to see the canyon from? We will probably do it as a helicopter tour but just wondering if one side is better than the other and if we should look for a tour that does a specific side of the canyon or something? Ive read so much about the south and west rims that i get confused!

Which part of the canyon is better to go to?

Thanks!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,596 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon help

Hi pinkstarz,

You may not realize but you have put a question about the Grand Canyon in a town in California that is nowhere near it.

The Skywalk is a place for tourists to go who do not want to bother actually going to Grand Canyon National Park. They are not the same place.

The National Park is a 5hr. drive from Las Vegas.

Seeing it from a helicopter is not the same as being there on the ground.

I don't think it matters which side you see from the air.

I am sure that the folks on the Las Vegas forum can tell you more info about the tours that go from that city.

Here is a link to the Las Vegas forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g45963-i10-Las_Veg…

Edited: 05 January 2012, 00:42
Orchards, Washington
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon help

There is also a Grand Canyon National Park forum on the Arizona forum.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
291 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon help

Thanks for that! Sorry i didnt realise it was in the wrong forum, i think i got Nevada City mixed up with the state Nevada =/ im not sure lol

thanks heaps for the info, ill repost it into the other forums =)

4. Re: Grand Canyon help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 10:26