We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Newport/Laguna Beach

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Newport/Laguna Beach

Hi, me and 3 friends are thinking of visting either Newport or Laguna beach this August.

We were thinking or staying at the Hyatt in Newport, which is bookable through Virgin...However we want to visit Laguna too.

How far are they from one another?...

Secondly, are there any nightclubs/bars etc in and around the area of newport and laguna?

Appreciate any help..

Thanks

Dan, London

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Newport/Laguna Beach

You didn't mention your age range so I'll guess 20's-40's. I'm a bit older than that (LOL) but Club M in Laguna, Tentation in Newport Beach on certain nights, Kantina are some clubs that I've enjoyed in the area. Check this website for a recent article on the club scene in the OC: www.944.com/orangecounty/more.php… In case the link doesn't work try www.944.com, skip the intro, click on Orange County and follow the links. This is a new mag in this area and I just saw my first issue yesterday. I don't necessarily agree with everything they write and it seems like they are trying a little too hard to be cool but....(shrug).....maybe you'll find it helpful.

As for the Hyatt, you've picked a nice place to stay. Classic 'Californian Mission' architecture (the Eagles' Welcome to the Hotel California' song always pops into my mind when I go there). Nice grounds, good location, 9-hole (executive) golf course, Palisades Tennis Club (home club of Lindsay Davenport and several other pros), easy access to beaches and the Back Bay. It's about 9-10 miles to the center of Laguna Beach. Generally an easy and pretty drive along the coastline and takes about 15 minutes. Definately rent a convertible if you're here in August. You'll love having the top down. This might be the worlds' best climate for convertible cars!

Mentioned in this post
Orange County
Orange County
California
Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach
Orange County, CA
2. Re: Nightlife in Newport/Laguna Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 20:20