We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Newport Beach

NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Where to stay in Newport Beach

Planning to visit in June to stay for 1-2 nights with 2 kids, ages 2 and 4. We’d like to be close to the beach and kids activities and must have a pool. Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,584 posts
435 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

You'd be far better off looking in Laguna Beach. There are not a lot of hotels in Newport near the beach.

What is your budget per night?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,740 posts
189 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

Scott -- Have you checked out the new Lido House Hotel yet? http://www.lidohousehotel.com/ Not on the beach but beach close. I haven't been there yet. For beach hotels with "kids activities," I'd recommend the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach and Waterfront Hilton Huntington Beach.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,584 posts
435 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

Yeah and it is okay, but there isn't a lot in the area like Downtown Laguna Beach or Main Street HB. Maybe it will spur growth down there, but Lido Village wears thin quickly

NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
4. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

No more than 300.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,740 posts
189 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

Try the Waterfront Hilton Huntington Beach. They just opened a new tower and they are running some good deals. New pool with sliders and kids activities across from the beach.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,740 posts
189 reviews
6. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

Scott -- That was my initial impression -- that the new hotel didn't have much around it. I hope we'll see a revitalization in that area.

Huntington Beach...
1 post
7. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

the hyatt regency newport beach https:/…newpo is a great option! great hotel, pool with slide, close to beach, next door to newport dunes with inflatable water park, close to shopping center fashion island....can't go wrong!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

The Hyatt Newport Beach is only good if they have a car. If they're dependent on walking, that's not a good choice, because even Fashion Island is a good 30 minutes' walk.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,740 posts
189 reviews
9. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

Hyatt NB is not a good choice if you want to be "near the beach." You'd have to drive 15 minutes to an ocean beach. Newport Dunes is a lagoon, popular with families but really not an ocean beach. As Traveler said, it isn't walking distance to anything. Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach would be a much better choice. https:/…hunrh Hyatt HB or Waterfront Hildton would be the best choices with kids.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Edited: 29 May 2018, 19:19
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Where to stay in Newport Beach

If you can get a room at the balboa bay club/resort or lido house, those are really the only places I know of that are near the beach and have a pool. There’s also a Marriott vacation club in newport coast. I believe that has a pool and is semi close to the beach when you cross over PCH. I’d suggest looking at air bnb (balboa island, corona del mar, and balboa peninsula would be closest to sandy beaches) as newport really doesn’t have many hotels near the beach, though pool selection will still be slim in those areas. I agree that Huntington may be a better fit! :)

Reply to: Where to stay in Newport Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newport Beach