We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handbags

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Handbags

Hi All

I am going to Newport Beach in October and my niece wants me to bring her back some "bags". Is there a chintown or an area to get knockoff bags?

Thanks

so. California
Level Contributor
286 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handbags

The closest place would be in downtown LA or Tijuana. Both about 1.5 hours away from Newport Beach.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Handbags

Hrm, I have to agree with cotomom. There is not much of a demand for knockoffs in that specific area. The demographic has no shortage of women who don't blink an eye at buying luxury handbags. You might try the "garment district" in downtown LA, which is about 40 mins away (with no traffic). Sorry.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Handbags

I haven't been in a few years, but there used to be a GREAT swap meet at the Orange County Fairgrounds on the weekends. Bet you could get some knock-offs there -- and it's lots of fun. Not too far from other shopping extravaganza like South Coast Plaza or Fashion Island.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Handbags

No biggy, she only wants one because her little friends have one. I know they are trash and fall apart but for a 13 year old I guess it does not matter.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Handbags

My first thought was of the Orange County Marketplace at the fairgrounds. A couple years ago the purse booths were raided for the knockoffs. I would venture there on Saturday or Sunday (closes at 3) and see what they have before driving into LA. It is about a 10 minute drive from Newport Beach. Even if you dont find a purse, they have great California T-shirts at something like 4 for $20. Great souvenirs to take home.

6. Re: Handbags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 02:17