We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch on way to airport

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch on way to airport

I've been insignia Beach for a long weekend. Will be heading to airport tomorrow and need a good brunch lunch spot around 10 ish. Need to be at airport around 12:30

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch on way to airport

Laguna.

Level Contributor
35,007 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch on way to airport

230 Forest in downtown Laugna, Sundried Tomato Cafe or if you want a nice view, Las Grisas in Laguna Beach. Enjoy! :)

LA
Level Contributor
9,688 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch on way to airport

Las Brisas

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch on way to airport

Assuming you are going to Orange County Airport, I suggest leaving Laguna Beach and stopping at

Rose Cafe in Corona del Mar http://rosebakerycafe.net/ or Zinc Cafe http://www.zinccafe.com/locations.htm

Corona del Mar. There is also a Ruby's Diner in Corona del Mar. After your meal, just turn north onto MacAurthur Blvd. and you'll be at the airport in 10 minutes.

Many lunch/dinner restaurants don't open until 11 on Weekdays so look for a breakfast/lunch place.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch on way to airport

If you are going to OC Airport, no need to leave so much time. You can have lunch at 11 and have plenty of time to get to the airport by 12:30. Car rental return is right across from the terminal.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch on way to airport

Thx. May go to Beachcomber. Just passed by on way back from LATour.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,285 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch on way to airport

I think The Beachcomber is a bad idea with a schedule to keep. You have waits, a 3/4 mile hike back to the car etc.

I'd look at the Galley Cafe or Wilma's Patio.

http://goo.gl/maps/ae6bu

http://goo.gl/maps/SWJkX

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch on way to airport

Really? Have a 10:30 reservation. I am used to walking. Plan to be in and out by 12

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch on way to airport

There is a shuttle from the parking lot to Beachcomber so you don't have to hike. I didn't suggest it because it does take some extra time to get too and from your car.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch on way to airport

Panini Cafe on PCH in Carona del Mar at the base of MacArthur offers healthy, flavorful meals, with good service in a pleasent cafe setting. Reasonable prices, parking behind the building or on the street and, as 'Cats said, right up MacArthur to the airport in a few minutes. www.mypaninicafe.com

The problem with the Beachcomber Cafe is, even if you do have a reservation, the wait time often gets backed up.

I would hate to see you have last memories of a poor meal at Las Brisas as a reminder of the many good meals available in this area. Service is often poor there and, if you start running behind, the staff there doesn't go out of their way to make up the time factor (even if you explain that you have to catch a flight). Just a reminder, there are a lot restaurants at John Wayne, so if you do find yourself running behind there are plenty of places to grab a sandwich for on board.

As 'Cats mentioned, the car return should be very easy and just a quick elevator ride up one floor, walk across the round-a-bout, and you are at 'check-in'!