We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BCS Tourists

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,577 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
BCS Tourists

Welcome to visitors here for the BCS Championship game.

Here's a link to an LA Times Article about Newport Beach's host city experience:

latimes.com/local/…axzz2pZmf0N62

Catalina Flyer
Sightseeing Tours
Newport Beach Local Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours
Surface Jet Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BCS Tourists

I was in the Balboa Peninsula area on Saturday (took a Whale Watching Tour), Balboa Island sponsored a Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, and the area was very busy. Had Lunch at Crab Cooker, always a good choice, and it was also busy.

Also read a few articles in the OC Register (can't link to them), seems like everyone is happy, especially the visitors (and luck of really nice weather in the area).

Good luck to both teams tomorrow (I want to se a nice close name that is fun to watch), and for those opting to drive instead of taking a charter bus, good luck finding a parking space at places like the Golf Course, Parsons Corporation or Union Station, as it is a typical Workday in the region, and a lot of those spaces will be taken by the early afternoon.

Mentioned in this post
Balboa Island
Balboa Island
Newport Beach, CA
Crab Cooker
Crab Cooker
905 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,577 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BCS Tourists

Unfortunately, you can't access OC Register on-line without a subscription.

I'm afraid the freeways are going to be jammed tomorrow. The game traffic will be added onto the expected work/school traffic on the first day of the first full week after the holidays. So -- really It's best to take the game bus.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 02:55
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BCS Tourists

Well, I got what I wanted, a wild and exciting game... Congrats to Florida State!

And as someone who lives in Orange County, thank you to all the BCS fans that had a great time in Newport Beach and the surrounding area.

Now it is time to root for the San Diego Chargers in the NFL Playoffs (The Southern California team) and the highest rated College Basketball Team in California, the San Diego State Aztecs, currently ranked #13.

Mentioned in this post
Orange County
Orange County
California
4. Re: BCS Tourists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 06:23