We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

So, my wife, three kids have decided on a trip to Newport Beach, CA and I am looking for some advice. What airport would you recommend flying into. We are either flying JetBlue or Southwest. Also, we plan on staying at the Marriott Coast Villas, but we wanted to get there TWO days earlier, any advice on hotels in the area that can be recommended? Lastly, what are the must do things in the area. One day, we plan on Disneyland, another the SD Zoo and we also plan on a drive to Hollywood. Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

Ok, so the trip is booked! Plan is to fly into LAX and fly home from Long Beach. I am going to have TWO days over there prior to going to the Marriot Villas. If anyone has any additional advice on where to stay for two nights prior to checking in the time share, i would appreciate it.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,479 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

I will stick with the suggestion of Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach, just so you can contrast LA beaches to the OC beaches and be closer to some of the LA attractions.

New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

Thanks.

New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

Just want to throw this out there, thinking about staying the Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale area for two nights. Thoughts? Also, ideas of things to do around this area? Once again, thanks all!

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

Universal Studios, Griffith Park and Observatory. Instead of going all the way to SD for the zoo from Newport Coast, you could visit the LA Zoo. It is an excellent zoo and much closer than the SD Zoo.

New York
Level Contributor
949 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

You should stay in Santa Monica it's great beach town with beautiful bluffs overlooking the pier and the Promanade to stroll. You are close to Venice beach...nothing like this in ny...and the cool coast of Malibu. You can daytrip to Hollywood easily from here. Take a look at the Loews and other hotels on tripadvisor.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 00:02
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

I have to disagree with Jennifer regarding the LA Zoo. While it is a good zoo, it is nowhere near the San Diego zoo in diversity of species, expanse and habitat areas. San Diego Zoo is one of the best in the world. You can't say that about the LA Zoo.

28. Re: Looking for some advice on a trip to Newport Beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:27