We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting bikes?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
renting bikes?

We're going to be in Newport beach for a wedding and would love to do some outdoors activities...does anyone know of someplace we could rent bikes? Seems like there are some nice trails to explore in the upper newport bay nature preserve and along some of the beaches. Thanks so much for any suggestions!

M D
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: renting bikes?

There are a number of bike rental places near each pier (newport and balboa and huntington too) for a nice ride on the boardwalk. The back bay is a nice ride, but im not aware of a convenient rental place. You could certainly ride there from the beach, but it would be a long ride. An alternative way to get a workout and see that part of the bay would be to rent a kayak at the newport aquatic center.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting bikes?

Doesn't Newport Dunes have bike rentals? Or maybe the hotel next door. The Hyatt. I admit it's been a few years so I'm a bit out of touch. But worth looking into.

M D
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: renting bikes?

I think thats right about the hyatt. I dont know if you have to stay there or not to rent their bikes, so you could check with the "fitness concierge."

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,664 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting bikes?

Yes, the Newport Dunes has bike rentals and for riding on Back Bay that is the easiest place to rent.

newportdunes.com/resort/…

It really isn't that far from the Balboa Pier to Back Bay, you just rent on the peninsula at the pier area, take the ferry across to Balboa Island and head to Back Bay from there. The only hard part is Jamboree Blvd coming off the island.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 01:18
5. Re: renting bikes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:16