We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Washington state
Level Contributor
685 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel south of Oakland as base?

Hey, how about that, first time posting on the N. American forum.

I'll be flying to Oakland for a week of work next month, and I could use some help deciding whether to get a hotel in Oakland or something south of there as a base, but where I could still take BART into Oakland.

The trip will involve 2 -3 work days in Oakland at the Federal Bldg on Jackson, one day driving south all the way down to Hollister and back, and another day to San Bruno (next to SFO) and back. I'm sure I'll be fine with the Oakland hotels, but when I can, I like to be out of the concrete jungle, especially if there's a place long evening walks.

Any ideas?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,346 posts
6,001 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel south of Oakland as base?

You might want to consider Oakland Waterfront Hotel. Its by the water...can watch the boats and the water; close to Jack London Square; restaurants, and a ferry ride to San Francisco. A free shuttle connects you to downtown Oakland and you can take AC transit to Bart.

Another place to consider is north of Emeryville and closer to Bart is Woodfin Suites

http://www.woodfinsuitehotels.com/

Nice food court, shopping area, etc. nearby

Further south is not that interesting so I'd suggest finding a place in Berkeley, Emeryville, or Oakland area.

Washington state
Level Contributor
685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel south of Oakland as base?

Thanks mini; that's just the sort of thing I was wanting to find out.

PJ

3. Re: Hotel south of Oakland as base?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 17:20