We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A's Game General Info

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
A's Game General Info

Hi. I'm going to an A's game in September. I'll be staying in SF with a rental car. I know there's a BART stop at the Coliseum but I'm more inclined to drive. How easy (or difficult)is the commute from a directions standpoint and a time standpoint (it's an evening game)? And how much is it to park? Thanks. Go A's!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A's Game General Info

If you've got an evening game, you'll be driving across the Bay Bidge at peak commute time to get to the game, and then you'll encounter added game-night traffic on 880 once you get off the bridge. I live in Oakland and on game nights we do our best to avoid the freeway, so if I were you, I'd stick with BART.

Berkeley CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A's Game General Info

You really want to go on the Nasty Nimitz when there's BART? Yuck.

How long will it take you? Evening game during the commute period? I'd allow 45 minutes, perhaps more. Parking, is, I think, $14.

England
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A's Game General Info

Take BART. It is cheaper, less stressfull, more enjoyable and you can have a beer or two at the game and not worry about having to drive home after.

Essex,England
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A's Game General Info

Usually take in an A's game when we are in the Bay area. We've stayed in San Mateo and SF, although I usually have a hire car , the BART journey to the ball park is so easy and quick, that it's best to either leave the car at the hotel or the nearest BART stop. The BART is cheap, quick, safe and as someone else said it makes you can have a couple of beers during the game.

The atmosphere at A's games is very good and compared to a number of other MLB ballparks (eg Giants) the prices are reasonable.

Walnut Creek, CA
Level Contributor
350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A's Game General Info

Yep, take BART.

You'll be waiting to exit the parking lot for an hour after the game, in addition to all of the other points mentioned!

6. Re: A's Game General Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 13:20