We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Oakland Airport to San Francisco Airport

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
From Oakland Airport to San Francisco Airport

I am needing some advice re arriving in Oakland Airport at midnight and then travelling back to Australia leaving from San Francisco Airport next evening at 9pm.

Where should I stay.? I have thought about Oakland Airport Hotels but after reading some feedback I am now unsure. We originally wanted to stay at a San Francisco Airport Hotel (and I think I can catch some sort of shuttle bus from Oakland to South San Francisco (at cost) but then again should I stay in San Francisco to make the best of the little time left. I dont want it to be so much hassle that it is not worth it.

Any advice is most welcome.

Jodrla

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Oakland Airport to San Francisco Airport

The Oakland Airport hotels are fine for sleeping, but there is nothing of interest in the area (except the airport). Also, these hotels tend to give you a pretty nice room for a reasonable price, see the TA reviews. You can take BART all the way, through downtown San Francisco to San Francisco Airport, but it closes down around midnight, so you couldn't do it upon arrival.

If it was me, I would take a shuttle van or taxi to the Union Square area of San Francisco, staying at a hotel such as the Chancellor or Handlery. Then the next day I could spend the day in San Francisco (have to check out by noon, but the hotel will hold my luggage). After an early dinner in the city, I would return to my hotel, pick up by luggage and take the BART to San Francisco Airport.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Oakland Airport to San Francisco Airport

Stay in SF.

Given that you're arriving at midnight in Oakland, it looks like you will have to take some kind of van or shuttle to SF, possibly a cab at that hour. Figure that you will have to pay about $60, less if it is a shuttle.

Stay in Union Square, as FromdelMar suggested. The two hotels mentioned are fine; if you want budget, you can search this forum with keywords "budget" and "hotel" and the recent postings should pop up.

You can take BART to SFO the next day. Allow an hour for transit, just to be safe. It will only cost you $5.15.

union city
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: From Oakland Airport to San Francisco Airport

You may contact 510*568*3434 & make your reservation with Air-Transit Shuttle. This company provides ground transportation-shuttle from Oakland Airport to San Francisco Airport.

There are many hotels near San Francisco Airport and they provide courtesy shuttles to San Francisco Airport. You can find any hotel in following three cities :South San Francisco, Millbrae or Burlingame and almost all have free courtesy shuttle service to San Francisco Airport.

4. Re: From Oakland Airport to San Francisco Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 07:17