We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanside good for person travelling alone.

Which Oceanside hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
preston
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Oceanside good for person travelling alone.

I have opportunity to rent lovely house in Oceanside for a month. It will be just me and my dog. I just need time to myself for personal reasons and just want to read, go to beach, museums, restaurants etc. Is Oceanside a good place for a single woman to spend a month? I will have car but want my dog to go with me as much as he can. I know San Diego fairly well so not interested in visiting there. I'm more interested in beach towns and travelling to Encinatas for example.. Thank you for any advice or opinions.

DeWitt, Michigan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanside good for person travelling alone.

I love Oceanside - I have visited once a year during the last 10 years. I stay on the beach at North Coast Village. You can walk downtown from there - love the farmers' market on Thursdays!. As a female traveling alone, I have never encountered any safety issues. To be certain of the area where your rental is located, give the local police a call. Have a great trip - the beach towns are wonderful. Also, check out Temecula - very cute!

preston
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanside good for person travelling alone.

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I'm looking forward to the break..

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanside good for person travelling alone.

I would say definitely! Just returned from there today and there is plenty to do. I saw lots of people walking their dogs overlooking the ocean. Big suggestion! Every Thursday in the morning is a Farmers Market and in the evening a Market that includes tons of vendors featuring local foods and businesses, plus live entertainment! Can't remember off the top of my head which street but search Breakfast Club Diner, eat their for breakfast - very good, and it is on that street and near the Regal Theater. Enjoy! Lots of fun! I hear museums are open on Wednesdays. Check our Visit Oceanside on Facebook for more tips https://www.facebook.com/VisitOceanside

preston
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanside good for person travelling alone.

Thank you so much for the info. I'm definitely looking forward to the visit.

5. Re: Oceanside good for person travelling alone.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:18