We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Payless Car Rental?

Which Orange hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Payless Car Rental?

I reserved a car through Payless for pick up at John Wayne Airport because it was significantly lower than any other company (except for Fox), I am afraid the 'you get what you pay for,' saying might apply. Has anyone used them there? I searched the forum and I see nothing listed. It was literally less than half of the others.

Many thanks!

San Diego
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Payless Car Rental?

I just used Payless Car Rental for the first time this week in San Francisco. I hated it. The car was dirty, and the manager at the location was a jerk. It's only one location, but I will not use them again. If it's not too late, keep looking around. If it's too late, I wish you better luck at your location than mine.

Marietta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Payless Car Rental?

I too rented from the same Payless in San Franscisco. I totally agree - do NOT rent fr them ! "You get what you pay for " rings true w them. The manager stayed in his office and made no effort to help his customers or staff . He yelled at one lady who was returning her car late. We waited over 2 hours to get our car and then noticed one of the back tires was bald. We had to argue to get another car without being forced to the back of the line. We did get one and noticed that night a headlight was out -rendering the car useless at night. We returned the car after 3 days -were to have for a week. We talked another friend out of renting fr Payless as a result of our frustrating experience. Never again will I rent from Payless no matter how cheap they are !

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Payless Car Rental?

Have you checked Hotwire.com, they only use "major" rental companies, and you can usually get some very good deals there.

4. Re: Payless Car Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 07:18