We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suite Mandalay Beach

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suite Mandalay Beach

We're a family of three traveling for Spring Break. We will be flying into Burbank Airport the evening of March 22. I was thinking of booking the Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach for a couple of nights of R & R before we head up the coast. Some of the reviews have me rethinking this option. Is there anything within walking distance of the hotel? Would it be too cold in March for a tour of the Channel Islands? How far is it from Burbank airport to the hotel? I'd appreciate any information that would help us make some decisions! Thanks!

Edited: 20 February 2013, 20:26
Santa Monica, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suite Mandalay Beach

Hi there! I'm not sure if this reply is too late - hopefully not! We just got back from spending a night at Embassy Suite Mandalay Beach. We loved it! There may not be a lot within walking distance, however, there's more than enough within a short drive.

The hotel is right across a bike path from the beach - awesome location, great beach. The hotel also rents bikes to use on the bike path.

There's a great farmer's market in the Channel Islands harbor on Sunday morning - yelp.com/biz/…20market.

If you enjoy oysters and clams you'll have to check out the Jolly Oyster - great experience!! www.yelp.com/biz/the-jolly-oyster-ventura.

There's also the Ventura Fairgrounds nearby yelp.com/biz/ventura-county-fairgrounds-vent…

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions :)

Santa Monica, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suite Mandalay Beach

It looks like it's about an hour and fifteen minutes from Burbank Airport outside of traffic. Depending on what time you arrive you might be sitting in some Friday afternoon/evening traffic...

It looks like there's a surf competition March 23rd at the fairgrounds in Ventura. I also wanted to suggest the Ventura Farmer's market on Saturday morning - yelp.com/biz/downtown-ventura-farmers-market…

3. Re: Embassy Suite Mandalay Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Oxnard