We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites

Thinking of visiting the area for a few days this summer and staying at the Embassy Suites. The reviews look really good so I hope we are pleased. I heard that there are severe riptides on the beach right out from the hotel. Is this true and are they really any different than any other CA beach? We have young kids and hope to swim when there.

3 replies to this topic
Port Hueneme...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites

Oh another post! So look at my other post regarding riptides. You'll really have to check the reports to see about riptides during the time you will be staying there.

I like the Embassy. Nice swimming pools which will be fun for the kids. Evening hosted happy hour. I believe complimentary breakfast? I have to say I have not stayed there in awhile though. But the grounds are nice. Big expansive beach (quiet) to stroll along and walk for miles - literally. There are sand dunes which makes the view just a bit prettier.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites

How old are your kids?

Rip tides in Oxnard are only going to occur when swells come in.

If your kids are splashing around in the shore they aren't going to get sucked out to sea and wind up in Alaska.

The beaches are well guarded, especially if rips are present, but unless they are teens, they are not likely to out out far enough, even if rips are happening.

The Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach is a very nice hotel.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 01:54
Port Hueneme...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites

I just did a search to verify but there are no lifeguards at this beach. I just want everyone to be safe. I've been to this beach several times over the years (I was born and raised in the area) and know that that there aren't any.

Here is more on this topic: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32837-d1044…

Reply to: Embassy Suites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oxnard