We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
granite bay
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

We stayed at the Inn at 17 mile on Dec. 6th through the 8th 2007.

It was being run by fairly new innkeepers.

The Innkeepers were very informative, they served all of the meals right on time.

The Inn was decorated very nicely for the holidays.

We had a room outside of the Inn, it was the Osprey room. It was a smaller room and for some reason the heating didn't work, but , we did tell the Innkeepers and they came out and put a electric heater in our room quickly.

In the evening wines and horderves were served, they were very delicious.

There was 2 samples of Dreamerz- all natural sleep beverage- sitting on the table in the room to try if you wanted.

This inn was in town more or less, so there were only a slight view of the ocean in some rooms.

Innkeepers very friendly - hugs when you left !

DOug & Julie - granite bay, Ca

Level Contributor
34,474 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

Sounds nice, thanks for the report, 17 Mile drive is so pretty! :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

Thanks for your opinions. A friend and I drove by there the other day, and I asked her what it's like inside. She had been there during the annual "Christmas at the Inns" in Pacific Grove, and she said, as you mentioned, that it was decorated very nicely. It's good to know that the service is so good.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

We are thinking about staying here in March for 1 night. I believe that 17 mile is a toll road -- did you have to pay a toll to get to where the inn is located?

How was the breakfast?

Thanks.

Deb

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

The inn is located in Pacific Grove. The part of 17-Mile Drive that requires a gate fee in is Pebble Beach. No fee required in Pacific Grove.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

Thanks for the prompt reply. We are trying to decide where to stay for 1 night in mid March and I am having a really hard time deciding where to say -- Pacific Grove, Carmel or Monterey. We like B&B's with good breakfast and really nice accomodations. We are trying to decide, but there seems to be lots of places that are favorites. Any ideas as a local?

We are also looking for a place for dinner. We are foodies and really enjoy a good meal. Most cuisines will work, and $50 per person [w/out drinks] is what we'd like to spend. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

I would stay in either PG or Carmel. Two popular places in PG are the Green Gables Inn (across from the water) and Gosby House (on Lighthouse Ave. right in the center of town). I'm not as familiar with the Carmel B&Bs, but have heard good things about Carmel Country Inn, Vagabond Inn and Wayfarer's Inn. There is one place in Monterey that is quite special, but it's in a residential neighborhood and not near the ocean: Old Monterey Inn. It has beautiful gardens and excellent service.

For dinner: in Carmel, I like Grasing's Coastal Cuisine; in PG, my favorite place is Red House Cafe--I don't know if that would be "upscale" enough for you, but the quality is excellent, and the setting is quaint and charming. I also like Max's Grill in PG.

Have a good stay.

7. Re: Our Stay at The Inn at 17 Mile- Pacific Grove Ca.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 22:20