We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Inn

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Inn

PGdenizen and All,

There is a nice article on this inn in the 96 Hours section of the SF Chron today. (12/11) Makes me want to throw a few things in the car and leave this fog.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Inn

Thanks, GWC. I just read the article. It's good to know that they've remodeled nicely. It's not easy to do in PG because hotels are not allowed to make their footprint any bigger. That means that all they can do is somehow improve their existing rooms, and it sounds as though Sunset Inn has done a good job. Come on down (or up? or over?)!! It's funny to hear someone say that they want to come to PG to get away from the fog! But it has been gorgeous here lately. Cool, crisp and sunny.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Inn

Hey GWC 7, if you call up the Green Gables Inn or Gosby House Inn on any Sunday-Thursday and say "Carpe Diem" or "Seize the Day", you can get the best room they have available for THAT night at a rate of $125.00!!

The most expensive rooms at the Green Gables run $275.00 a night!!

Check out www.foursisters.com for the details.

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Inn

Thanks, Kibblesmom, I got that email too. Soooo very tempting!! I ran it by hubby who is a real plan-in-advance kind of a guy, so we'll see where it goes. I love the Healdsburg Inn too.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Inn

I'm tempted, too, but already have rezzies in January for 2 nights, 1 of which is free!

Might consider leaving a day early and try Carpe Diem for Gosby, though.

I understand wanting to get away from that Tule fog. Used to live in Bakersfield and hated driving in that stuff. Drive safely, GWC.

Level Contributor
36,364 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Inn

The Sunset Inn sounds very quaint, there is a good review of the property that was posted yesterday. :)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Inn

Cool, I didn't realize they had remodeled. I'm glad as it was getting pretty dated. I was wondering why they had raised their rates so high of late. Been years since we've been now.

7. Re: Sunset Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 19:19