We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Grove B & B's

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
306 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pacific Grove B & B's

My husband and I want to stay in a B&B in Pacific Grove/Carmel/Monterey in late September for 3 nights, including a weekend, and I am having trouble making a decision. We would have liked to stay at Green Gables, however, they only have one room available and it is out of our price range. I also checked out the Seven Gables and they did have rooms available with great views, only the rooms at $200/night appeared to be very, very small based on what I have read on this forum. The last time we were in the area, we stayed at the Vagabond Inn in Carmel and enjoyed it very much but would like to stay somewhere different. Can anyone recommend other B&B's in the area at around $200/night? It is not necessary that we have a whirlpool tub and/or fireplace, or even be in Pacific Grove, but we would like somewhere romantic with a decent sized room and a good breakfast since we are staying 3 nights. We are very much looking forward to our return trip to Northern California. Thanks for your help!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,062 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Grove B & B's

Try the Gosby House @

http://www.gosbyhouseinn.com/rooms.htm

If you can get an outside room with private entrance, all the better.

The Old St. Angela Inn is also nice.

www.oldstangelainn.com

Level Contributor
35,022 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific Grove B & B's

The Spindrift Inn in Cannery Row is very nice, we had a king corner room with hardwood floors, a canopy featherbed, oceanview and breakfast delivered to your room in the morning. :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacific Grove B & B's

In Carmel, the Sea View Inn has some very nice rooms in your price range, and it's close to the beach.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacific Grove B & B's

Sorry to read that you're discounting Seven Gables. My husband and I agree that our two nights at Seven Gables was the favorite part of our week-long vacation in Northern CA last October. We stayed in Arbor Room located on the second floor of the Arbor/Garden Cottage and one of the more affordable rooms...certainly didn't consider the space cramped. In fact, if we're fortunate enough to return to CA someday, two nights in the Arbor Room at Seven Gables is what we're most likely to do over amidst other new experiences.

5. Re: Pacific Grove B & B's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 12:26