We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

borg's oceanfront motel

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pinckneyville...
1 post
Save Topic
borg's oceanfront motel

has anyone stayed here lately and what do you think.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: borg's oceanfront motel

I've never been inside. On the outside it looks like a bland motel. But it has spectacular views of the bay, and is probably the only place where you can get a bay view room on a tight budget.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: borg's oceanfront motel

Like Mr. Toy, I've not seen the rooms. I do know, however, that they are small and old, but clean. They are offering free wifi now, as well. The location is amazing, though. If waking up and having your coffee while you gaze at the bay is more important to you than new and modern, then you will probably be happy you stayed there. For a few more-recent reviews, see: yelp.com/biz/borgs-ocean-front-motel-pacific…

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: borg's oceanfront motel

We've stayed there, though it was a few years ago. The rooms were clean, basic, cold--we were staying in December and the heat was inadequate. I'd try to find someplace else, but if it's the same it would be OK if you had to stay there.

Antioch, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: borg's oceanfront motel

We stayed there several years ago. The rooms were old and rather run down. The view is amazing but the road in front of the hotel is very busy and can be noisy. If you decide to stay there, ask for a room upstairs. You will have a better view and be away from the traffic.

5. Re: borg's oceanfront motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 04:17