We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
reo
Idaho Falls, ID
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

My husband and I are planning on staying one night in Pacific Grove in April. I can't decide between Bide-a-Wee, the Butterfly Motel, or Anton Inn. Does anyone know which of the three is the best accomodations???? We are looking for a romantic getaway. Thanks!

Ventura, CA
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay?

Yes, you're right; if you want to walk along the beautiful bay, you would have to walk north about a mile to Ocean View Blvd.

Enjoy your trip! Pacific Grove is absolutely gorgeous!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay?

Snow, from Andril to the aquarium is a pretty hefty walk. I'm sorry, I'm not good with distances, so can't say how many miles. If you're in good shape and like long walks, you could walk from Andril to downtown PG and stop for breakfast and a rest. Then if you cut down to the recreation trail that runs along the ocean, it'll be another mile to mile and a half to the aquarium. My guess is that it would be, in all, about 3 miles. You could compromise by driving to a street near Lover's Point (on the recreation trail at the bottom of Forest Avenue) and parking there. Then you could walk along the trail to the aquarium--it's a lovely walk. Just be sure that you park on a residential street that doesn't have a one- or two-hour time limit.

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay?

>> Pacific Grove is absolutely gorgeous! <<

I know :-) I passed through in March 2003 and vowed to return.

Thanks Sweety and PG for your help. I envisioned being dropped off at the Aquarium with my son, whilst my Dad goes off to golf at the PG municipal course. My son and I would then make our own way back to our PG lodgings (when I book 'em!) Assuming the weather is good, I think we'll manage the walk.

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay?

Another good place for breakfast (my own favorite) - the Lighthouse Cafe on Lighthouse Avenue. Good fresh food, sunny, friendly.