We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

Which Pacifica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dwight, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

Hi, we're going to the Bay Area early April. Are spending some time in Oakland and then staying one night in the Monterey area and one night in Pacifica.

I've got hotel reservations for all except Pacifica. I'm wondering about the Sea Breeze and BW Lighthouse. What I really want is a night in an OCEAN VIEW room. Being from Illinois, you don't get a chance to hear the ocean very much! This would be a wonderful thing. I think the BW is more classy and pricey, and I don't mind their price, but am worried that I wouldn't get a truly ocean view room. How is the SEA BREEZE? Are all the rooms really ocean view and how are the rooms? I don't mind rustic if they are clean. Also, what about parking. Is it free at the BW? The SEA BREEZE?

I would appreciate locals or anyone familiar with the area to comment. Thanks for listening. I look forward to any replies. Thanks again!

Pacifica
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

The Best Western Lighthouse is a great hotel. The parking is definitely free. I know that right now they going through renovations so if you stay with them in April everything will be brand new. Who doesn't love that?

The Sea Breeze is going through a management and ownership transistion, but that may not affect their value. I can honestly say that I have never stayed at the Sea Breeze but found the Lighthosue really nice and the staff was really friendly.

Both offer ocean view rooms, but I would recommend the Lighthouse. You need to call and ask for the cove view room. That is the nicest I know of. Also if you book them online it doesn't guarantee the bed type so if you want a king you should call them.

I hope this helps you make a decision.

Dwight, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

Thank you SpirtsCarress! Regarding the cove view rooms at BW Lighthouse, do you see the ocean and more importantly, HEAR the ocean? I want to be lulled to sleep by the sound of waves crashing on shore!

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

We stayed at the BW Lighthouse and thought is was fine. Classy is not quite the word we would use, but fine all the same. You can't be much closer to the beach and the waves than this hotel.

Not all rooms have ocean view. Ours was called partial ocean view and that is what we got. Views of the ocean over the roof of the other rooms. We could hear the ocean clearly so we're sure that if you booked a full ocean view you would have no trouble being lulled by the waves.

Parking was free at the BW in 2003. It is good to hear that they are renovating because we would say that the only downside to this hotel was it's condition. The beachside atmosphere is tough on everything.

colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

now this comes from a colorado boy who discovered the sea breeze a few years ago, and now rides his motorcycle out there every may, just to stay at the sea breeze.

you wanna hear the ocean? how about having to park your car right next to your room to keep it from being lambasted by the waves as they crash over the parking lot of an evening. if you don't like sea spray, close your window at night.

the rooms are very basic, but they are only $85.00 RIGHT ON THE WATER !!

if you want the eral oceanfront experience, do try the seabreeze. they are scheduled to tear it down and build a high dollar luxo hotel next year, so do it now while you can.

the dude that runs it is a real trip.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

Hi. My dad lives in Pacifica. Last time we stayed at he Lighhouse. The Sea Breeze is more of a MOTEL and the Lighthouse is nicer like a HOTEL. The Seabreeze is on the water! Beware there are rooms that don't face the water though. The Lighthouse has rooms with unobstructed ocean views and partial ocean views. Make sure you are getting the building right in front of the ocean. Let me say my sister stayed in the ocean front room at the Lighthouse and ended up moving rooms because she couldn't sleep with the noise of the waves. Funny, i know... The point is you can hear the ocean there for sure!

I'd say you can't lose with either... But we stay at the Lighthouse. Oh and if it matters the Lighthouse has a pool and jacuzzi and the Seabreeze doesn't.

Side point: If you like bowling, Pacifica has the cleanest bowling alley I've ever been in!! :)

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

* "do try the seabreeze. they are scheduled to tear it down and build a high dollar luxo hotel next year"*

Oh, noooooo!

That quaint little 50s throwback with the walkway in front of the rooms, & the old-fashioned restaurant with the friendly waitresses & waiters where you always imagine hearing Sinatra over the speakers...and the $85 rate, all being washed away?

Tell me this isn't true.

: (

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

Rockaway Beach has two other choices, not the same quality as BW nor as quaint as Sea Breeze. There's the Holiday Inn Express & the Pacifica Motor Inn.

I've stayed at the Pacifica Motor Inn a time or two, for a quick getaway from the City. It's a little shopworn (the sea air works havoc on buildings) and the rooms are minimal, but it's clean and affordable. the parking is inside so you're somewhat sheltered from the salt spray. Not every room has a view, but it's easy to walk right outside to the beach. The staff is very nice and they have a parrot in the lobby. It may be quirky, but animals usually give me a good impression of a businesss (unless it's rats running around a restaurant!)

Pacifica has other lodgings, but not right on the beach. Even the Pacifica Beach Resort is not right on the beach--and you cross the road at risk to life and limb.

8. Re: Sea Breeze Motel vs BW Lighthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:25
Get answers to your questions about Pacifica