We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: Pacifica!

Which Pacifica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
277 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report: Pacifica!

Just wanted to give two thumbs up to Pacifica, which seems to get too many thumbs down for not being SF or Half Moon Bay. We stayed Sunday, July 3 at the HI Express, rather than grab an airport hotel before our flight out on the 4th. "Foggy" Pacifica was brilliantly sunny, the beach was just right for us and the food at the little Mexican joint one block off the sand really hit the spot (home made tamales and fish tacos- wish I had some now!). Our commute to the airport was a breeze- and we flew out of Oakland. OK, that was due to light holiday traffic, but still.... Pacifica worked for us.

11 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report: Pacifica!

For anyone traveling to Pacifica, Linda Mar is the beach to head to. (I'm a resident) It is usually the sunniest spot and less crazy winds than Rockaway Beach. I personally don't care for Nick's, and I LOVE crab sandwiches. I would guide you to other places down the coast for fresh seafood. For local eateries, one of my favorites is Salada Beach Cafe - breakfast, lunch, or dinner. For slightly more expensive food, Kani Kosen Japanese restaurant.

Reply to: Trip Report: Pacifica!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pacifica