We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon for 26 year olds

Collegeville...
12 posts
Honeymoon for 26 year olds

My son is getting married in 2 weeks & scheduled to go to Palm Beach area in Florida. We aren't sure if the resort will be open by then so looking for alternatives. I could see my wife & I going to Palm Desert but I don't know how many younger people are there. He'll play some golf & she'll do the pool & spa. Based on their age, would this be a good choice for a honeymoon?

11 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,203 posts
262 reviews
1. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

Welcome to th Palm Desert Forum and California forums.

I wouldn't think it being a great honeymoon destination, and it's awfully hot at this time of year. How about Santa Barbara? Gorgeous, romantic, wineries, ocean....... He can play golf, she can pool & spa, and it's younger and cooler (weather and personality).

Laguna Beach in Orange County would be similar. Santa Monica in LA, my beautiful town, is similar. So is La Jolla near San Diego.

I feel for you and your son/bride, having to change plans. Best of luck.

M D
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
2. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

I think it's a great spot for a honeymoon (although not The most convenient or cost-efficient). The beaches are too cold in October, the desert heat will be nice. There's plenty of people their age there, not that it matters, they'll probably stick to themselves.

Collegeville...
12 posts
3. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

We're trying to stick to the Marriot timeshares, which is what they were going to use in Florida. From the east coast some of the areas out west are tougher to get to. Florida & the Caribbean aren't options now & Aruba is booked.

Collegeville...
12 posts
4. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

That's good to hear about younger people, and they may stick to themselves. Thanks for the replies. I will pass them on.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,784 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

October is a great time to Honeymoon in the desert. We've been to two destination weddings there in Oct, as the weather is perfect for outdoor wedding receptions. In fact my parents Honeymooned in Palm Springs as they always loved the warm weather.

There are lots of young people vacationing in the desert communities, though PS does have a reputation of being gay or gray! Plenty of activities for them if interested, like taking the tram to the top of Mt San Jacinto, the Thursday night Villagefest, etc.

Good luck to them!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

I was wondering if they went on there honeymoon to PS and if they liked it. My son is thinking of going there too. Same situation as you... Thanks.

Collegeville...
12 posts
7. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

They did go & had a great time. I know there was some pool & spa & golf time, did a bit of hiking, a gondola ride at a nearby mountain, and some wine tasting. If more details are needed I can probably get my son to chime in. I think we are going there sometime.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,318 reviews
8. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

Michael - Thanks for your follow up -- hard to miss with Marriott Vacation Villas.

------

The Marriott Vacation Villas near Palm Beach FL and Palm Desert CA are excellent.

Glad you were successful with honeymoon bookings.

Edited: 03 November 2017, 14:11
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
153 reviews
9. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

Savant the OP's son has already taken their honeymoon. It helps to read thru ALL the posts before replying.

Michael H, congrats to your son and glad they had a good time!

Edit....hahaha...good editing there Savant!

Edited: 03 November 2017, 14:14
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30,224 posts
10. Re: Honeymoon for 26 year olds

<<<The beaches are too cold in October>>>>

Oct is usually warm even hot in SoCal I spend last week on the beach in Coronado in the 90s. probably on if the best months.

Edited: 03 November 2017, 14:37
Reply to: Honeymoon for 26 year olds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted