We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Desert

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Desert

I need help selecting a nice hotel in Palm Desert for a weekend in November. I will be traveling with 3 girlfriends we are in our 40's. I've stayed at Palm Desert Marriott, Esmeralda, Mod Resort, La Quinta.- We are looking for something a little different with character. Any suggestions?

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Desert

Hmmm that's a tough one. Most of the resorts in Palm Desert are just that, a Resort. Not too much in the way of character. I would look into some of those smaller older hotels that have been revamped into B&B's along hgwy 101 going into Palm Springs. I always see them and most look to be remodeled. Good luck!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,828 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Desert

I think the La Quinta Resort has the most character of any place in the area. I'd return there, unless you are looking to try a new hotel.

The Hyatt Grand Champion is another modern resort, but has 7 pools among the palm trees, and a great adult only pool off to the side, terrific spa facilities.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Desert

You might consider The Parker in Palm Springs.

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
655 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Desert

My husband and I love the Marriott Desert Springs Villas.You can rent a two bedroom villa with full kitchen, family room, dining area and nice patio. Even if you don't plan on cooking it's nice to have the space.

The villa has two master suites, each with a king bed. I would recommend you just share the king as these are very comfortable beds and plenty big. This resort is connected to the JW Marriott hotel and there is even a shuttle to take you to and from the hotel property which is really nice. If you stay in Villas I you would have privileges at the hotel pool which is quite nice and there is a large family pool area at the villas property as well as a nice adults only pool just behing the club house. The spa at the JW was just renovated and enlarged and WOW! It's is really something. Totally worth the price to go for at least one treatment and they are running a special right now through November; You can receive a treatment normally $130 (50 min) for $99 (this is for villas guests only). I went to the spa twice on a recent trip and enjoyed it thoroughly. I especially liked the aroma therapy steam sauna and the salt water pool.

Dining at the hotel is to die for and the Sea Grille is our favorite. VERY good food and service. Be sure to have cocktails in the amazing lobby before dinner (this is the lobby where boats come in and pick you up and take you to your dinner reservation...have you heard of it?) Quite an impressive place. We love being able to hop on the shuttle just outside our room and relax while we are dropped off right at the hotel (or spa if you wish) and then if you drink wine at dinner, no worries about driving. Love this.

I don't know if you all are single or married but there is a really popular club located at the resort hotel, so the shuttle comes in handy for this too (shuttle runs till 2am on Friday and Sat. because of the club).

You may want to consider staying in Villas I because I think you'd find fewer kids due to the fact that it's further from the family pool, but closer to the adult pool. These units are also huge with the two bedroom running as large as 1740 sq. ft.

We love this property and I think you will too.

5. Re: Palm Desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 12:24
Get answers to your questions about Palm Desert
Recent Conversations