We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

Colorado
Level Contributor
75 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

We are renting a unit in Palm Springs at the Marriot Palm Desert Villas II. Wondered how big this unit is. I think it is probably the smaller lock-off of the 2 bedroom villa. Anyone ever stayed in one of the efficiencies there? How many people can fit comfortably? Is there any kind of sitting area at all or just a bed and a kitchenette? We are parents with 3 kids and are used to cramming, but don't want to take the chance that we simply can't won't fit. Unfortunately, it was the only good trade we could find for the week we are going.

Thanks for your help.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,450 posts
5,650 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

It depends on how old your kids are....

We've stayed in one and it had a nice patio area with a table and chairs outside; a small table inside the room; nice bed; large bathroom; nice closet size; and microwave and refrigerator area. It was easy to walk to the pool. There are lots of places to sit outside ..picnic tables; barbecue areas; grass areas; etc.

If the kids are teen-agers I'd be skeptical if it will work at all. If the kids are much younger, I think you will be fine (a bit cramped at night...but it sounds like you're used to it.) During the day there is enough areas to go to; swimming pool area; family game room; grass areas; etc.

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

It is between 400 and 500 sq. feet. in area.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

Why not contact the person you are renting it from and ask these questions or contact Marriot?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,450 posts
5,650 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

Hopskipjump - if you are trading for a place on a time share, you end up with the place that you traded for.

Unless you rented from a specific person, it usually goes through a time share broker such as Interval. They will give you some ideas on what to expect, but its hard to imagine for some of the places that you trade for. So this question is a good one for the forum.

the above information and the square feet are correct!

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

Sorry, I was in a hurry with my first post. Now to answer your questions. We stay in these units often, so I know them well.

The "lock-off" is simply a hotel room. It has a king size bed and a queen size sofa bed/couch. The bathroom is basic but sufficient. There are two smallish closets, some drawers and a patio with a table and two chairs. Also a small table and two bistro chairs in the room.

This room is not large enough to accomodate 2 parents and three children. Marriott will not allow you to have more than 4 persons. I would make a real effort to change your plans or your exchange some how. You will be way too overcrowded in this room.

If the youngest child is in a playpen for a bed, maybe...but you will have to move the bistro table and chairs out of the room (Marriott would not like this) and you can't tell the front desk you have 5 people! Even if you have the full one-bedroom unit, it still only accomodates up to 4 persons with a king bed in the master and a queen sofa in the family room.

Wish I had better news for you. We are checking in to our 2 bedroom unit tomorrow for a week!

-Janna

Colorado
Level Contributor
75 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

Thanks for all of the help. Somehow, we are going to have to split up and get something else, too. Despite all our efforts, we haven't been able to trade elsewhere for the week....

Thanks everyone.

Colorado
Level Contributor
75 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

Thanks for all of the help. Somehow, we are going to have to split up and get something else, too. Despite all our efforts, we haven't been able to trade elsewhere for the week....

Thanks everyone.

P.S. I wish they didn't call hotel rooms "time share" condos! Honestly, no one would every buy one like that, would they?

Colorado
Level Contributor
75 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

Can't say enough about what a great stay we had at Marriott's Palm Desert Villas. The nicest vacation spot I have been to ever! If you stay in the Villas, be sure to go to dinner once at one of the resorts restaurants. They are all quite fancy and overpriced, but the hotel is stunning. There is a lake on the property that goes partly into the main floor of the hotel. You can board one of the speedboats (for free!), which will take you to one of the restaurants. It was really amazing. My kids couldn't believe there were boats in the hotel!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

That's great, but I am dying of curiousity. How did the space work out?

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How big is efficiency in Marriott's Palm Desert Villas II?

I was wondering the same thing!

Glad you liked it. This property is one of our favorite vacation destinations. It's beautiful and we always enjoy our spacious 2 bedroom villa with gorgeous views. Our son thinks the room we stay in is "ours" we've been so many times!