We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

minneapolis
Level Contributor
114 posts
26 reviews
Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

I'm torn between a King room (not suite or 1-bedroom) at these two places. I've booked at Shadow Ridge as a hotel guest and am concerned that because it is a time share, it will not have a lot of amenities or maid service for it's hotel guests. But the location sounds good. I could get a similar special rate at Rancho Las Palmas and thinking I should switch. It's a midweek get-way for my husband and me and having a nice pool, splendid grounds and excellent service is important to us. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Level Contributor
39,075 posts
1,014 reviews
1. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

Rancho Las Palmas is a beautiful property, we had dinner at BluEmber there and our service was excellent. There is a charm that Las Palmas has that the bigger resorts were lacking. Have fun! :)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,784 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

Rancho Las Palmas IS one of the bigger resorts in the desert. We've stayed at them all. La Quinta has the most charm.

We like lots of amenities and daily maid service too, when it's just the two of us. Condo's are nice when you travel with a family and want a kitchen.

If RLP is the only resort you have narrowed it down to, over La Quinta, Esmeralda, Hyatt Grand Champions, JW Marriott, I'd say the plusses would be The River Entertainment Center is just across Bob Hope Dr. They have a movie complex, shopping, and fabulous restaurants along the lazy river.

Our favorite is Piero's Acqua Pazza, with outdoor seating along the water. You'll see dancing fountains, waterfalls, lots of flowers. They have an early bird 3 course special for $19.99. Stroll the river and listen to the live entertainment in the evenings on weekends.

They also have some nice chain restaurants: Cheesecake Factory, Babes BBQ, Flemming's Steak House, PF Changs and Yard House.

http://www.acquapazzabistro.com/

If your room is too far away from the entrance, and you don't want to walk, there is lots of parking in the back of the River.

http://www.theriveratranchomirage.com/

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

What did you decide? We LOVE RLP especially the Spa with it's own pool

Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

As a hotel guest at Shadow Ridge you should receive daily maid service (timeshare owners/exchange guests do not receive maid service) but that is probably the extent of the hotel-style service. Shadow Ridge has a beautiful pool and wonderfully maintained grounds but it is a timeshare resort and does not have the level of services available at a hotel-style resort.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,784 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

This was an old post. The OP stayed in PS in March.

Thanks for your information. : )

6. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Rancho Las Palmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Palm Desert