We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Hyatt Grand Champions location

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Help with Hyatt Grand Champions location

We have a reservation at the Hyatt Grand Champions resort for next week and I am hearing that it is on the far side of Indian Wells. I got a great rate at the Hyatt with some gift certificates that I had. We are interested in doing the touristy stuff such as the tram, and Indian Canyons as well as Palm Canyon Drive and the Thursday night Village Fest. I am hoping that we will not wish we were closer to things. What does anyone think?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Hyatt Grand Champions location

I'm not sure what your'e asking?? If you wish to be close to Palm Springs, it's not. It is 4 towns to the East, past Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert and La Quinta.

The traffic right now is heavy so it's a good 30 minutes on Highway 111 from the Hyatt to downtown PS.

BUT

It's a nice large convention-type hotel and if you got a good rate- then stick with it. Otherwise, can you use the certificate at the Hyatt in Palm Springs?

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Hyatt Grand Champions location

You can also take I-10 to cut across. It looks like it's going out of the way on the map, but it can actually save you time anyways.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Hyatt Grand Champions location

I wouldn't suggest that at all.

You are going to the Indian Canyons which are south of town and even the downtown area is easier to access from staying on one main road, which your hotel is also on. Highway 111 / Palm Canyon will take you thoughout the Valley without confusion.

Besides, you are on vacation and I assume you want to see the area and not drive all the way out to the Interstate and all the way back into Palm Springs to save a few minutes.

4. Re: Help with Hyatt Grand Champions location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 12:30