We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only pools?

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Adults only pools?

Are there any hotels in Palm Springs that offer adults only pools where topless sunbathing is permitted? Coming from the UK and used to not having strap marks this is a pre - requisit of my holiday!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults only pools?

Terra Cotta Inn allows nude sunbathing.

2388 E. Racquet Club Road,

Palm Springs, California 92262,

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults only pools?

also -

Desert Shadows Inn

1533 Chaparral Road, PS

these 2 are for straight folks-catering to couples. Most others you'll find will be gay friendly

O.C.,California
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults only pools?

YES!

As a matter-of-fact thet are a few:

The "Desert Fountain Inn": www.desertfountaininn.com

phone:877-438-6354

The 'Morningside Inn': www.morningsideinn.com

phone:800-916-2668

The 'Terra Cotta Inn': www.sunnyfun.com

phone:800-786-6938

The 'Desert Shadows Inn': www.desertshadowsinn.com

phone:800-292-9298

KY
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults only pools?

We have been to the Terra Cotta Inn. It is clothing optional but everyone was nude. Nice people too. Anyone ever been to the Desert Fountain Inn that Constance mentioned?

Mercer Island, WA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults only pools?

My husband and I have been vacationing for years in Palm Springs. The clothing optional resorts are the only way to go. Our first time at a clothing optional resort was at The Terra Cotta Inn which is our favorite. Mary Claire and Tom are the owners and they take good care of the guests. The resort is retro 60's. Very cool looking. It was built by a famous architect. Tom is the President of the Chamber of Commerce and he knows everything about Palm Springs. When we have been there, everyone goes nude. We have talked to many first timers that we have met there and sometimes the wife will go topless, but everyone feels comfortable going nude. It would be OK to go topless, but I bet you will want to go nude once you are there. The resort is very clean, so you feel very comfortable going nude. If you are nervous, you should go as a day guest. Everyone is so friendly. If you want to talk with anyone, just say hi and everyone will talk with you. Or if you want to be left alone, the resort is big enough, you move your chairs away for the other guests and you will be granted your privacy. Every afternoon Tom comes around at 4:00pm serving wine and strawberries and even walks into the pool to serve you. Day guests get to stay until 5 or 5:30pm and also get served. Whenever we are there we always meet people from England. Our only complaint is they are getting too popular and sometimes when we call for reservations we have found them full for the week we wanted and we have to change our plans.

We have toured Morningside Inn. The woman who owns it is English. She was nice to us. It is much smaller than Terra Cotta Inn. You could also try there.

Desert Shadows is big, but we hear you must go nude, so I don't think you can go there. They also have families and children there. We don't want to be around children.

Never been to Desert Fountain. I have met guests that have toured it because they said they saw it advertised for sale in a nudist magazine.

Heard there is a place in Desert Hot Springs called Living Waters. Have met a couple at Terra Cotta who had been there. They say it has natural spring water in the jacuzzi. They say it is very New Age. They said when they want to get aways from the LA insanity for a quick weekend it is very nice. But they don't like Desert Hot Springs because there are no nice restaurants and it takes too long to drive into Palm Springs.

Hope this helps. Kira

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults only pools?

How do you think a pregnant woman would be greeted at the clothing-optional resorts?

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults only pools?

I think you would be okay; however, there is a different feeling between clothing-optional and nude; there is the possibility of getting looky-lous (sp?) who choose to remain clothed at clothing-optional; this tends to make many feel uncomfortable. Hence I recommend nude if you want to feel the most comfortable--everyone is in the same boat, so to speak!

Mercer Island, WA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults only pools?

My husband and I have been to clothing optional and 100% nude resorts all over the US and the Caribbean. There is a very different feeling between the 2 places - single men.

Our 2 most favorite places are Terra Cotta Inn in Palm Springs and Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica. Both are clothing optional. And since Grand Lido is so overpriced we do not go there any more. We vacation at Terra Cotta twice a year from the Seattle area. Tom and Mary Claire the owners of Terra Cotta are very nice.

At clothing optional resorts, they want to make the woman feel comfortable. You feel very vulnerable when you are nude, so you don't want a lot of single men staring at you. Nice C/O places are couples only. They do not have looky loos as wives would not allow their husbands to go to a c/o place unless they trusted their husbands. Nude places also have children which I don't like. In my experience, single men at nude places are looky loos. That is why we won't go to a number of the nude places in Florida as they don't care about making us girls comfortable.

We have seen a few pregnant woman at Terra Cotta Inn before. They all are having a great time.

Clothing optional resorts are the only way to go for first timers and repeat nudists. They care about you and want you to be happy. Pretty much everyone is nude at a c/o resort all the time.

Mercer Island, WA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Adults only pools?

My husband and I have been to clothing optional and 100% nude resorts all over the US and the Caribbean. There is a very different feeling between the 2 places - single men.

Our 2 most favorite places are Terra Cotta Inn in Palm Springs and Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica. Both are clothing optional. And since Grand Lido is so overpriced we do not go there any more. We vacation at Terra Cotta twice a year from the Seattle area. Tom and Mary Claire the owners of Terra Cotta are very nice.

At clothing optional resorts, they want to make the woman feel comfortable. You feel very vulnerable when you are nude, so you don't want a lot of single men staring at you. Nice C/O places are couples only. They do not have looky loos as wives would not allow their husbands to go to a c/o place unless they trusted their husbands. Nude places also have children which I don't like. In my experience, single men at nude places are looky loos. That is why we won't go to a number of the nude places in Florida as they don't care about making us girls comfortable.

We have seen a few pregnant woman at Terra Cotta Inn before. They all are having a great time.

Clothing optional resorts are the only way to go for first timers and repeat nudists. They care about you and want you to be happy. Pretty much everyone is nude at a c/o resort all the time.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adults only pools?

Hello fellow Washingtonian!

We are heading to the Desert Fountain Inn in April for four nights and I was wondering if you had heard any personal news on it from people you know?

Thanks!

DenitaLC