We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP - Where to stay?

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
White Rocktreasure
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
HELP - Where to stay?

We are looking at 3 different areas for 3 mths this winter. Desert Princess - C.C. - Palm Royale - L.Q. and Indian Palms c.c. Indio. Does anyone have some info on these places. How safe are they etc.? Thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

Cathedral City is closest to Palm Springs, with La Quinta being 20 minutes and Indio being a good 30 minutes ( even more in seasonal /winter traffic)

I would pass on Indio- are you renting a condo?

White Rocktreasure
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

Yes we are renting a condo. Do you have a ny suggestions as to rental - we were looking at VRBO. We want to rent 2 bd. 2 Bath. on golf course.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

The Desert Princess is located close to Palm Springs but in a windy area of the city and the surrounding area is not that special. When you get in the complex, it's very nice.

I think that the Indio location is too far out.

I would pick the Palm Royale location if you like the unit. It's in a good location,very safe and right next to the Indian Wells Tennis Center which is the site of the Pacific Life Open. The complex has a realy nice small executive golf course which can be fun(I've played it). You are close to the Palm Desert Mall and El Paseo for shopping. There are numerous restaurants in this area. You will need a car in this area It's located right off Fred Waring and Washington so you are at the intersection of Palm Desert,LaQuinta and Indian Wells.

Hope that this helps.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

Palm Springs: For golf the Canyon area of the City or on the Muni Golf Course. There are many condos and homes in these areas.

The best areas for golfing are towards Rancho Mirage,Palm DEsert,Indian WElls,LaQuinta. In these areas, there are over 130 golf courses.

It all depends on how much you would like to spend on accomodations. Even if staying on one course, you can try a number of them on different days. The nice thing about being on the course are that the views are spectauclar with the golf course in the foreground and the mountains in the background.

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

What sorts of things will you be doing while in the area?

If you will be spending most of your time at the resort than I guess the location wouldn't really matter that much, but personally, I would prefer the desert princess' location over the others.

As someone else mentioned, indio is very far east, and even the la quinta area is becoming quite far because that whole area is quite busy with traffic. its turned into a typical strip mall suburb, and it takes a really long time to get to the palm springs area.

you wouldn't be able to walk to any conviniences from the desert princess really, but its a short drive from many attractions and also from amenities like grocery stores and such.

my cousins have stayed there for many years and always loved it. the complex is very nicely maintained and the condos themsevles are very nice and in excellent condition, and the ratio of pools to condos is excellent. we have barely ever had to share the pool and hot tub with anyone in the evenings, and that was even in peak season!

White Rocktreasure
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

We are looking at a condo in The Desert Princess Resort on the Lagos Course. We have a concern with a patio facing North. Should we be, or would there be enough sun getting in from the West side in February and March? We like to sit outside and have a cocktail or coffee later in the afternoon. What are the normal daytime and evening temperatures in the Palm Springs area? Would there be much noise from the airport as it seems fairly close? Anyone know of any last minute tee time golf web sites for the area? Thanks in advance for any info.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

facing North will possibly be a little windier in that part of town...but if you're not walled in on all sides you will still have afternoon sun and maybe see the sunsets as long as you can see the mountains ( west )

The thing about the airport that's strange is you can live 2 blocks from PSP and rarely hear planes landing but you can be 2 miles away and be right in the flight path - like the area around Tahquitz Creek Golf Course is. So I can't speak for Desert Princess but that seems like a minor issue.

February can be cooler and rainy, although we had very little rain in 2006- it poured in 2005. And March can be windy, but again, we have a bad day or two, not a huge deal. March is springlike and can even be quite hot.

Typically nights that time of year, are cool - I don't know the temps, but it's "jacket weather" never "coat weather" and even if it rains, it's brief.

Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

I have read several references to the " windy part of town". Would the Best Western Las Brisas be in that area? Thanks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

No, the Best Western is downtown PS. The windy areas are north of town and areas that are more open or closer to the freeway. Downtown is not.

Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP - Where to stay?

thanks!