We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help me with choice of 2 dates for Palm Springs

Wash., DC
Level Contributor
38 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help me with choice of 2 dates for Palm Springs

We are thinking of either March 31-April 3 or May 13-17 for Parker Palm Springs, celebrating a 40th birthday. Thing is I just learned that Dinah Shore Weekend is APril 3-7 (we are not gay). Would that argue in favor of the May dates, even though it will be hotter? Or always a mixed crowd? Thanks!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,697 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help me with choice of 2 dates for Palm Springs

It may be too late to book for those March dates at this point so the choice may be already made for you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help me with choice of 2 dates for Palm Springs

Gay or not, that will be a busy week.

May really isn't that much hotter than April. I'd vote to wait and miss some of the crowds.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help me with choice of 2 dates for Palm Springs

Go for the later date. You don't want to compete with the crowds in bars and restaurants. We go at holiday times, and always make our dinner ressys before we leave home, or there would be hours to wait.

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help me with choice of 2 dates for Palm Springs

When we went at that time of year (in may) it was really hot, but we loved it. like everyone else said, the lack of crowds was GREAT. it was amazing being able to drive from downtown palm springs to palm desert in half an hour along 111! There were flowers everywhere, misters were on at all the restaurants and outside shops which was fun!

If you plan to do a lot of hiking, it's not the greatest. We still hiked, but LOVE the heat so it didn;t bother us, although we did usually start hikes by 8am at the latest, and sometimes because it was so hot, they were quite isolated. So, it depends whether or not those things bother you if you plan to hike.

5. Re: Please Help me with choice of 2 dates for Palm Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 11:20