We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ultimate luxury spa hotel in Palm desert/springs

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
267 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ultimate luxury spa hotel in Palm desert/springs

Looking for very upscale luxury spa hotel in Palm Springs/Palm Desert area. Looking to get away from the kids and stay conservative , no nudists please! ;)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ultimate luxury spa hotel in Palm desert/springs

I know there are several, but the one I've been to is the Palm Desert Marriott. They have a separate spa on the property and they have room service spa menu. Large resort has golf and several places to eat as well.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ultimate luxury spa hotel in Palm desert/springs

Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa in Rancho Mirage

Just reopened after a MAJOR overhaul

http://www.rancholaspalmas.com

excellent dining on site and right across the street from The River

http://www.theriveratranchomirage.com/

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ultimate luxury spa hotel in Palm desert/springs

Both of the above suggestions are wonderful. I have stayed at both and they are fabulous properties. I have also been to both Spas, so I can definitely speak on that. The Spa at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert was just renovated and expanded and is absolutely incredible. Many ammenities you would want from a spa including a wonderful salt water pool outside. Beautiful views of the Palm Trees and mountains from poolside. Multiple saunas in each men's and women's areas (dry, steamy/aroma therapy and super steamy), quiet lounges, spa bistro, etc. It has it all!

While the property at Rancho Las Palmas is very beautiful, romantic and more intimate, the Spa at the JW is far superior in size and ammenities. Both properties though won't disappoint.

Las Palmas was our exclusive destination when my husband and I were dating as well as the first several years of marriage. Then when our children came along we discovered the timeshare property adjacent to the JW in Palm Desert, and because of the spaciousness of the units, we have been going there ever since.Having the amenities of the JW available to us while staying in the timeshare property are a real plus.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ultimate luxury spa hotel in Palm desert/springs

We're at the Las Palmas Resort now, and the makeover is fantastic. Have Spa appointments later this week. Looking forward to seeing the brand new spa upstairs. Have gone there for years for treatments when it was a Marriott Spa, but understand it's really improved.

Also, the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort is pretty terrific. They have 7 pools spread out, but an adult pool off by itself, with cabana's and pool service. The spa is one of the bests in the desert, in my opinion.

5. Re: Ultimate luxury spa hotel in Palm desert/springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 14:18