We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alwaysgood
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

Any suggestions on a great Margarita and Mexican food in the Palm Springs area? We'll be driving back and forth between PS and Indio for the Stagecoach Music Festival the first weekend of May. Also curious where to find a really good Fish Taco. Prefer casual, family-owned type restaurant (no big chains) or a good hole-in-the-wall.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

Las Casuelas Terraza- right on Palm Canyon Drive

downtown PS, live music, huge bar, great drinks and atmosphere.....

Family owned, 4 locations in the Valley

Las Casuelas Nuevas in Rancho Mirage and

one in La Quinta

They also have an original location 2 miles north on the same main street, Las Casuelas.....that would be the hole-in- the-wall

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

No Margaritas here, but best fish tacos in town are at the Fishermans Market. The original is in Palm Desert and there's one in La Quinta about 10 minutes from the festival. Very, very casual restaurant, can't beat it for fish and a cold beer!

We're going to Stagecoach too! Great fun last year and can hardly wait for next month!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,504 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

Our favorite fish taco's are at the Fisherman's Market in La Quinta.

Our favorite Margarita is at the La Quinta Resort, outside of El Adobe Grill. You don't have to go for a full meal, they have live entertainment and tables around the huge firepit, and sever bar food and drinks.

Vancouver, B.C...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

Blue Coyote has the BEST fish tacos....grilled mahi-mahi and fabulous margaritas. The original is in Palm Springs and another recently opened in Indio at Fred Waring/Jefferson. This is also family friendly with a kids menu.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

As a native Californian who grew up in Southern Ca and enjoyed some of the best Mexican food on the planet I will spend my time on the PS forum telling people that my experience at the Blue Coyote was the absolute worst. Horrible food, service and Margaritas. How can you wreck a margarita? It's nicely located to be the perfect tourist trap. Looks good but does not deliver.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

I second the suggesstion for Las Casuelas Terrazza. I love that place.

7. Re: Margaritas, Mexican Food, Fish Tacos in P.S. Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 09:16