We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

Looking to stay a few days in Palm Springs area... which of these three is best and why???? Thanks for any info... have a great day. :)

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

Can't say which is best- only stayed at Marriott Las Palmas. But, we enjoyed it a great deal. We did ride over to Grand Champions and it is visibly more lavish and grand. I doubt you could go wrong with any of the three!

cjt
Stockbridge, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

My husband and I recently stayed at the Renaissance 7/7-7/12 2005. We loved the hotel. The rooms were nice and the pool and gym offered great equipment. They offer live music in the lounge at night. Renaissance's staff was very nice and friendly. I did not visit the Las Palmas but did visit the JW. The JW was nice and was a larger resort. But I would prefer the Renaissance.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

We stayed at the Esmeralda and thought it was terrific. The staff was great and we had a lovely corner room that overlooked the pool. It was huge.

San Diego
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

Thanks for your comments... I'm looking forward to a relaxing time in the HOT weather.... :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

My husband, 2 year old son and I stayed at the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort and Spa June 19 -24, 2005. We had a great time and loved the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel did not have any add-on fees or at least we were not charged any. The hotel offered free parking in the back. Our room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. We liked the modern look and we had a beautiful view of the mountains.

We really liked the Charisma Restaurant at the Renaissance. The food was very good. They offered early bird specials for dinner and kids eat free depending on what entrée an adult orders. We loved the breakfast and had to force ourselves not to eat breakfast at the Charisma everyday so we could try other places. The waitress let our son eat from the breakfast buffet for free one morning although we did not order the buffet ourselves. The pool is great for kids. Our son really liked the sandy beach area of the pool. The hotel is very “kid friendly.” They served our son star shaped french fries which he liked. They also showed movies for the kids every other night on the lawn area.

We visited the JW Marriott for a Marriott Presentation and it was nice but we liked the Renaissance better. The Renaissance seemed a little more relaxed and laid back to us.

San Diego
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renaissance Esmeralda vs Grand Champions vs Marriott Las...

Buster... thanks for the info... looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend, next week. :)