We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of La Quinta

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
390 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Location of La Quinta

Is the location good for La Quinta? How far is it from Palm Springs and is there a town nearby for dinners or do you have to drive a bit?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,184 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of La Quinta

Here is a list of restaurants in La Quinta. You do not have to go to Palm Springs to eat.

http://www.laquintarestaurants.com/

La Quinta is a town at one end of a valley and Palm Springs is at the other end. There are several other towns in between like Rancho Mirage,Palm Desert, and others.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of La Quinta

We love the town of La Quinta and the Resort there. It's locations is fantastic, nestled right up to the mountains. We rarely go to PS anymore, the other desert towns have fabulous restaurants and shops as well as LQ which have new ones popping up all the time.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
390 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of La Quinta

Thank you for the replies, at least I wont' feel as though I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Does anyone have a realistic driving time from La Quinta to Palm Springs. We have a conference to attend back and forth in Palm Springs

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,184 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of La Quinta

It always depends on traffic but I'd estimate at least 30min. It took us almost that from Palm Springs to Palm Desert last year and that is a bit shorter distance.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of La Quinta

When we stayed at La Quinta Resort, it took over 30 min. to drive to a place in downtown Palm Springs, more like 45 min. That was via Hwy. 111. It does depend on traffic, time of day, and season.

Palm Desert
Level Contributor
133 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of La Quinta

I live in La Quinta and while I think there are some great things about it (excellent places to eat) I wouldn't want to attend a conference in Palm Springs and drive back and forth. I think you would appreciate your stay and your conference more if you were staying in Palm Springs. (as been said--the drive can be anywhere from 25 to 45 minutes)

kg

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of La Quinta

I agree with the poster above.

I would not stay in La Quinta and drive to Palm Springs everyday for your meetings.

While it's a lovely area, you'll be spending close to two hours on the road a day. That's two hours by the pool, or dining or shopping! (or golfing, or martini tasting)

8. Re: Location of La Quinta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 21:19