We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Springs August Weather

London
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Springs August Weather

Hi, I'm thinking of visiting Palm Springs for a relaxing sunshine break in August but notice its called low season online.......is it too hot to sunbathe during August? thanks

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

It can be anywhere from 105 to 110 degrees in August

I suppose you could do early morning

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

In August you'd be better off on the coast: Santa Barbara, LA or San Diego. It's way hot in the desert in August (there's a good reason it's low season). You'll be staying in to avoid heat stroke!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,297 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

We have been to Palm Springs in August but we are NOT sunbathers as we feel it is unhealthy. We spend a lot of time in the pool and then seek shade not sun.

It is low season because it is very HOT!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

I was in Palm Springs this past June during Father's Day week and it was 115 degrees everyday for 5 days. It was so hot that the pools were even too warm to use and you didn't stay outside any longer than what was necessary. I would reconsider changing your trip to a different month.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

However, in August there is always a chance, albeit slim, of a refreshing tropical thunderstorm, complete with flash floods.

Either avoid, or be prepared to be hot.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

The California low desert is paradise in March and April, and THAT would be the perfect sunshine break for you, I would think, if the timing would work. October is nice, too.

If August is all you have, yes, the coast for sure!

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

I live here, so I'm used to it. But coming from London......you may hate it here in August unless you know for a fact that you love HOT weather and 96 degree pools.

London
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

Thanks everyone, this info is really helpful.....we might travel a bit later now based on your comments....considering early Sept now....

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,297 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

Early Sept. is still the hot season in the desert. It is low season usually until Oct.1.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Springs August Weather

If you want to enjoy the desert sun wait until October/November/December. If you're traveling in August/September and want some nice weather, head to the Southern California beaches. There's lots to choose from between San Diego and Santa Barbara.

But you'll wilt trying to sun bathe in Palm Springs in August and September!